Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Questions

@fishbjc wrote:

The only 'ugly' thing I can think of is DON'T BURN THEM.  They're relentless in their collections approach!!

I understand that some people have to default for reasons beyond their control.....

However, that's one of the reasons they're so healthy and generous!!!!!!! 

Not to mention a huge portion of their member base have "guaranteed" incomes.

Just sayin! Smiley Tongue

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jettech wrote:

Yes, an HP when I joined. However, I received another HP when I app'd for their Visa card and several SP's were pulled as well.  I did however app for a car loan on Oct 15th. They used my previous HP to approve the loan. I couldnt believe it but they did.  I have to say they are a Bank of a different color. Always prompt and pleasant to deal with. The reps are polite and helpful on the phone and like someone else said, one of the largest CU's in the country with over 500k members. Generous credit lines too.  Definitely worth an HP IMHO.

They are actually THE largest CU in the country, with over 5 million members. Smiley Surprised

https://www.navyfederal.org/about/about.php

Message 12 of 22
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Oops, yes thats correct. When I log on to their website they always remind me that over 500k members use their mobile app. I guess 500k stuck in head. Thanks for correcting me and reading my post Smiley Wink

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 13 of 22
Legal_Girl
Frequent Contributor

The good:  Excellent Customer Service, Great Credit Limits, my VA Mortgage went so smoothly I only gave them 1 paycheck stub (I get paid monthly) and absolutely NO problems, Customer Service is available 24 hours per day by phone and 365 days per year. Oh and they do not sell any of their morgages...They service them all.

The bad:  They are Hard Pull crazy.. Mine was TU for membership and Equifax for CC and checking LOC.

But they are absolutely awesome.

Homeowner Again as of July 17, 2014. Thanks to the VA and NFCU. FICOs EQ - 786/EX - 782/TU - 778/Quicksilver $3,500 / Cred 1 $2,875 / 1st Natl $4,250/ Kohls Visa $5k / Mercury MC $5,850 / NFCU Visa Sig Cash Rew $27k/ Lowes $25k / Best Buy Visa $11k/ NFCU LOC $15k / Walmart MC $7.5k / Chase Freedom Unlimited $1,500 / Discover IT $27,000 / Discover IT Chrome $21,500 / Citi DC $7,300 / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $17,500 / Citi Simplicity $18,500 / Citi Premier $8,200 / Care Credit $10k/ AMEX Gold - NSL / Chase Sapphire Preferred $20,500
Message 14 of 22
Amarie003
New Contributor

fishbjc: Thanks for the “DON’T BURN” advice, words to live by!! Smiley Wink

CGDefender: Thanks for the correction 500k vs 5 million is a huge difference. BTW nice credit scores too!! I’ve currently been stuck at 728 across all 3 basically all year. Smiley Sad

jettech: Your comments were still very much appreciated! Thank you.Smiley Happy

Legal_Girl: Congrats on your new mortgage. And thanks for the bit of knowledge about them not selling their mortgages. I can’t think of any other way(s) to make my score move any higher than to get ready to be a homeowner so I’m glad they’re a dependable mortgage servicing company as well! Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 22
Legal_Girl
Frequent Contributor

They really were great during the whole mortgage process.  If my loan officer or processor did not answer if I had a question, they called me back immediately.  They love using Email too and that was great for me since I was at work during the normal hours.  I was only in underwriting for about an hour and then got my email for Clear to Close.  I hope things go as smoothly for you as they did me.

Let us know..

To the OP, they really are great all around.

Homeowner Again as of July 17, 2014. Thanks to the VA and NFCU. FICOs EQ - 786/EX - 782/TU - 778/Quicksilver $3,500 / Cred 1 $2,875 / 1st Natl $4,250/ Kohls Visa $5k / Mercury MC $5,850 / NFCU Visa Sig Cash Rew $27k/ Lowes $25k / Best Buy Visa $11k/ NFCU LOC $15k / Walmart MC $7.5k / Chase Freedom Unlimited $1,500 / Discover IT $27,000 / Discover IT Chrome $21,500 / Citi DC $7,300 / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $17,500 / Citi Simplicity $18,500 / Citi Premier $8,200 / Care Credit $10k/ AMEX Gold - NSL / Chase Sapphire Preferred $20,500
Message 16 of 22
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

NFCU will be my first choice when I app for a new mtg in 2016.  Its nice to know theyre no different when it comes to mtg's

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

All these posts about NFCU make me jealous that I am ineligible. If only there was a donate/join X organization method like some other CUs offer. 

Message 18 of 22
tmoney
Regular Contributor

I have been never turned down for any credit product that i have applied for with NFCU. I have two creidit cards (25,000 limit each) LOC 15,000 cl, Personal loan 38,500 and have financed a vehicle. They will hp a lot and sometimes asked for paystubs but they will offer or counter offer almost everytime .

Message 19 of 22
Amarie003
New Contributor

@tmoney: That's great! I know, they sound very HP happy, which is why I'm still over here scared to apply. (Im such a chicken lol).

Also, I'm sure I could guess the answer on this one, but I'll ask anyways. Do they pull the credit for anyone you make a joint account holder or AU for credit cards? I don't like surprises. 

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.