cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Referral Promo... Your Experience?

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: NFCU Referral Promo... Your Experience?

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Just got off the line with Navy Fed, I inquired about the referral program and if I could.open my children savings acct and it count for the bonus , she said yes it would , and since they are minors I would have to be Co owner of their accts , and all I would need if their SSN . Got thru with all of their info to open the savings with her on the phone and BAM.....BOTH WENT TO REVIEW ....no surprised at all ......just don't want as much trouble as I had with opening mine jeez ..

As fond as I am of NFCU and my credit card with them (and I truly am...) I simply cannot understand this.  Smiley Sad

I didn't start this thread to complain about NFCU or their policies, however the membership issue repeatedly comes up in threads on here and must be considered by anybody joining (or as we see here, gaining membership for their minor children).

I do wonder if somebody who had their membership instantly approved would have the same experience for their children vs. someone who had to deal with verification themselves.  I don't have children so I can't provide data points on this, but perhaps others on here can.

Aduke, keep us posted on how things progress with NFCU for your children! 

Message 31 of 52
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I sure will UncleB I just don't get it , they send tons of emails and everytime I log into my acct there is the offer for the referral program , and yet when I call to refer ppl it gets sent to review for my own children ..idk i do love Navy fed also just don't like the way they do the membership stuff ..
Message 32 of 52
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

I got my mom and my best friend to join in June. Both times, they joined in the branch. My mom opened a checking, savings, and a cd. We both got our bonus credit in about a week.

A buddy of mine was joined. She opened a checking, savings, cd, CLOC, and a cash rewards Visa. We both were credited $50.00 in ten days. She also refinanced her car.

I had positive results and am trying to get the rest of my family to join.

Guyatthebeach

Message 33 of 52
disney2
Regular Contributor

Or story is getting even better. They approved my husband for a savings and checking account after sending some documents. Yesterday, he received a request for more documents to get the cash card. Now they need a government id, 2 documents with his address, and 2 pay stubs from work, ss, disability, or the most recent year's tax returns with all schedules if self employed.

His response was "should we quit with this ridiculousness since I don't really even need their card?"
Message 34 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

So far this month I've referred both in-laws and made $100! Gotta love Navy Fed
Message 35 of 52
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
So far this month I've referred both in-laws and made $100! Gotta love Navy Fed

That's fantastic!  Smiley Very Happy

If you don't mind sharing, was their membership approved instantly, or did they have to go through verification?

Message 36 of 52
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Disney2 , that is what happened to my fiancé and I , they put us through the ringer and if I wasn't so determined to prove myself not a fraud I may have given up on them, if you have a branch anywhere close to you I recommend just going there and taking care of it all and be done with it .
If you don't really need them then that would be up to you whether you guys even wanna mess with it all. But I must say if you are building/rebuilding they are really someone you want to have on your side , even if the membership process is crazy sometimes .
Message 37 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

UncleB,

My wife and I went in person with the in-laws to the branch at the local Naval hospital and were approved on the spot for the checking/savings and 20 month special CD
Message 38 of 52
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
UncleB,

My wife and I went in person with the in-laws to the branch at the local Naval hospital and were approved on the spot for the checking/savings and 20 month special CD

That's great to hear!

It makes me wonder if someone has verification issues, if anybody they sponsor will have to go though a similar verification as well... while if someone is instantly approved for membership (due to sponsor being military, etc.) then the people they sponsor (e.g. their children, spouse, etc.) will similarly have instant no-hassle results.

This might not be the case every time, but it's beginning to look like it might at least be a trend. 

Message 39 of 52
disney2
Regular Contributor

That's not it in our case. I signed up under non military friend. I'm not military,. My husband signed up under me but was military. He's the only one with verification issues.
Message 40 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.