Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU SSL Approval

tag
CivalV
Established Contributor

NFCU SSL Approval

I was approved for a NFCU SSL of $3100. The application process over the phone was smooth and fast. The rep was amazing. An email was sent to sign documents, documents were signed and the $3100 is already available in my NFCU Checking account. Only downside is that I asked the rep if there would be a HP and she stated no. I ended up getting HP on my TU report! wahhhhhh 

Oh well. Now I am waiting for the SSL to show on my NFCU account so that I can pay it down to 8.9%... Super awesome lol

34 REPLIES 34
EverForward
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU SSL Approval

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 2 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval. I wonder if NFCU changed their policy because I always thought it was a SP for a SSL.

Message 3 of 35
CivalV
Established Contributor

Thank you!! I am praying I see a score boost when I pay it down to 8.9%, since I did not have any open installment loans on my report 

Message 4 of 35
CivalV
Established Contributor

@Anonymous I guess I was a test dummy lol 😩 NFCU pulled my report 5 times within 2 months omg ☹️

Message 5 of 35
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@CivalV wrote:

I was approved for a NFCU SSL of $3100. The application process over the phone was smooth and fast. The rep was amazing. An email was sent to sign documents, documents were signed and the $3100 is already available in my NFCU Checking account. Only downside is that I asked the rep if there would be a HP and she stated no. I ended up getting HP on my TU report! wahhhhhh 

Oh well. Now I am waiting for the SSL to show on my NFCU account so that I can pay it down to 8.9%... Super awesome lol

Are you 100% sure, that the TU HP was not for this?

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Are-the-Navy-Federal-Prequalify-recommendations-Accura...

Message 6 of 35
CivalV
Established Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@CivalV wrote:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Are-the-Navy-Federal-Prequalify-recommendations-Accura...

Yeah my TU report was pulled as soon as I was approved for my CC on the 27th and another HP today. Are there any sites you can recommend that will pull my reports for free or for cheap? I feel like I need to go over my reports but myfico subscription is paused. 

Message 7 of 35
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@CivalV wrote:

Congratulations on your SSL!

If you did receive a HP for the SSL, try calling back and ask if they can recode to soft pull inquiry. The majority of reports opening a SSL did not incur a hard pull.

Message 8 of 35
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@CivalV wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@CivalV wrote:

Yeah my TU report was pulled as soon as I was approved for my CC on the 27th and another HP today. Are there any sites you can recommend that will pull my reports for free or for cheap? I feel like I need to go over my reports but myfico subscription is paused. 

$1 you can obtain your 3 bureau FICO 8 scores and reports at Experian.com or creditchecktotal.com. Cancel in 7 day or less to avoid the re-occurring monthly charge. Wash, Rinse, and Repeat as needed.

Free credit reports (disregard the VantageScore 3.0 score) at:
creditkarma.com for weekly TU and EQ
wallethub.com for daily TU

Message 9 of 35
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@CivalV wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@CivalV wrote:

@CivalV  Free credit reports are now available for everyone, every week

Big three credit reporting agencies switch from one free report per year.

Very detailed info, good to check things out. just no score.

https://www.housingwire.com/articles/free-credit-reports-are-now-available-for-everyone-every-week/

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.