tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU SSL Approval

@AllZero wrote:

@CivalV wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@CivalV wrote:

I was approved for a NFCU SSL of $3100. The application process over the phone was smooth and fast. The rep was amazing. An email was sent to sign documents, documents were signed and the $3100 is already available in my NFCU Checking account. Only downside is that I asked the rep if there would be a HP and she stated no. I ended up getting HP on my TU report! wahhhhhh 

Oh well. Now I am waiting for the SSL to show on my NFCU account so that I can pay it down to 8.9%... Super awesome lol

Are you 100% sure, that the TU HP was not for this?

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Are-the-Navy-Federal-Prequalify-recommendations-Accura...

Yeah my TU report was pulled as soon as I was approved for my CC on the 27th and another HP today. Are there any sites you can recommend that will pull my reports for free or for cheap? I feel like I need to go over my reports but myfico subscription is paused. 

$1 you can obtain your 3 bureau FICO 8 scores and reports at Experian.com or creditchecktotal.com. Cancel in 7 day or less to avoid the re-occurring monthly charge. Wash, Rinse, and Repeat as needed.

Free credit reports (disregard the VantageScore 3.0 score) at:
creditkarma.com for weekly TU and EQ
wallethub.com for daily TU

The problem with CK and WH is the info is not always correct.

Sometimes it is best to go straight to the source, rather than "Heard it through the grapevine"

Message 11 of 35
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@CivalV wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@CivalV wrote:

I was approved for a NFCU SSL of $3100. The application process over the phone was smooth and fast. The rep was amazing. An email was sent to sign documents, documents were signed and the $3100 is already available in my NFCU Checking account. Only downside is that I asked the rep if there would be a HP and she stated no. I ended up getting HP on my TU report! wahhhhhh 

Oh well. Now I am waiting for the SSL to show on my NFCU account so that I can pay it down to 8.9%... Super awesome lol

Are you 100% sure, that the TU HP was not for this?

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Are-the-Navy-Federal-Prequalify-recommendations-Accura...

Yeah my TU report was pulled as soon as I was approved for my CC on the 27th and another HP today. Are there any sites you can recommend that will pull my reports for free or for cheap? I feel like I need to go over my reports but myfico subscription is paused. 

$1 you can obtain your 3 bureau FICO 8 scores and reports at Experian.com or creditchecktotal.com. Cancel in 7 day or less to avoid the re-occurring monthly charge. Wash, Rinse, and Repeat as needed.

Free credit reports (disregard the VantageScore 3.0 score) at:
creditkarma.com for weekly TU and EQ
wallethub.com for daily TU

The problem with CK and WH is the info is not always correct.

Sometimes it is best to go straight to the source, rather than "Heard it through the grapevine"

Thank you for providing the link. I was hoping you would do so. I need to update my macro.

Message 12 of 35
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

You're welcomeSmiley Happy

Message 13 of 35
CivalV
Established Contributor

I pulled my report and I am only seeing 4 HPs from NFCU. On my TU report I see, 1 for membership, 1 for the CC app, another for the secured card. On EQ I see 1 for the CLOC. So I only got HP'd 3 times on TU and 1 time on EQ. I feel much better now. Prior to Navy I only had 1 inquiry on TU & EX, none on EQ. 

Message 14 of 35
AllZero
Mega Contributor

^ Glad you were able to confirm on the reports
Message 15 of 35
CivalV
Established Contributor

I felt wayyy better overall viewing my CRBs. My SSL finally showed up on my NFCU account so I paid it down to 8.9%. The $275 left over is available for use. I am wondering if the loan will hit my report at paid down to 8.9% first or if it will report as 100% UTL since it is new? If anyone could chime in, I would really appreciate it. 

Message 16 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

It can honestly go either way. When mine was approved last year I got hit with 100% utilization - I was checking around every half hour to see if I could pay it off yet and I paid it as soon as it showed up. Next day got the 100% alert. Wasn't really a big deal though. 

FWIW, most people seem to be able to pay it down before it reports. I know of one other person that got it reported at 100% despite paying it down as soon as it showed up online. 

Message 17 of 35
CivalV
Established Contributor

I am still waiting for my report to update with the loan showing. It would be awesome for it to show 8.9% UTL lol

Message 18 of 35
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@CivalV wrote:

I am still waiting for my report to update with the loan showing. It would be awesome for it to show 8.9% UTL lol

Knowing Navy, It should report at the end of the month. At least mine did.

Message 19 of 35
CivalV
Established Contributor

Wait April 30th? Or the end of May? 😩👀😱

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.