Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU SSL Approval

@CivalV wrote:

Wait April 30th? Or the end of May? 😩👀😱

YesSmiley Very Happy

Message 21 of 35
soccer21

It would hit as 8.9% paid down. I did one in March .

Message 22 of 35
CivalV
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It can honestly go either way. When mine was approved last year I got hit with 100% utilization - I was checking around every half hour to see if I could pay it off yet and I paid it as soon as it showed up. Next day got the 100% alert. Wasn't really a big deal though. 

FWIW, most people seem to be able to pay it down before it reports. I know of one other person that got it reported at 100% despite paying it down as soon as it showed up online. 

I have great news! My funds from paying down my SSL showed in my account 12AM last night and EX just updated with a score increase of 37 whopping points!!!!! WHATTTTT, my heart is racing with excitement and disbelief. This score increase does not include all of my statements that will be reporting much lower balances this month. I normally have balances but have paid down a significant amount of credit card debt and I have cards reporting 0%. I might be 20 points away from 700, which was my goal for September 2020!!!!!!!! Smiley Surprised

Message 23 of 35
CivalV
Established Contributor

@soccer21 wrote:

It would hit as 8.9% paid down. I did one in March .

Thank you! It hit today as 8.8% and I recieved a whopping 37 point increase! INSANE. this does not even take into account that Kohls removed recent *2 year old* late payments from my report and I paid down a significant amount of CC balances. Man I feel insanely good right now. 3 years rebuilding and it has totally paid off. 

Message 24 of 35
AllZero
Mega Contributor

That's a fantastic score increase!
Message 25 of 35
CivalV
Established Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

I was expecting a 20 point increase but almost double that? Pretty shocking lol

Message 26 of 35
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@CivalV wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

Hope TU and EQ reacts similarly.

Message 27 of 35
CivalV
Established Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

@CivalV wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

Yes me too. My experian app is way faster in updating than Myfico. We will have to see. 

Message 28 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CivalV wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It can honestly go either way. When mine was approved last year I got hit with 100% utilization - I was checking around every half hour to see if I could pay it off yet and I paid it as soon as it showed up. Next day got the 100% alert. Wasn't really a big deal though. 

FWIW, most people seem to be able to pay it down before it reports. I know of one other person that got it reported at 100% despite paying it down as soon as it showed up online. 

I have great news! My funds from paying down my SSL showed in my account 12AM last night and EX just updated with a score increase of 37 whopping points!!!!! WHATTTTT, my heart is racing with excitement and disbelief. This score increase does not include all of my statements that will be reporting much lower balances this month. I normally have balances but have paid down a significant amount of credit card debt and I have cards reporting 0%. I might be 20 points away from 700, which was my goal for September 2020!!!!!!!! Smiley Surprised

Congrats! It's a very nice score boost!

Message 29 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CivalV wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@CivalV wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

Yes me too. My experian app is way faster in updating than Myfico. We will have to see. 

If it's anything like mine it will be 30-40 across the board

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.