Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU SSL Paid Down

tag
CivalV
Established Contributor

NFCU SSL Paid Down

So after paying down my NFCU SSL I hoped it would report as 8.9% and not 100%. I paid down the loan on Weds. 12AM to be exact and patiently waited for NFCU to report the account. Last night at 12AM released my funds to me for paying down the loan. Early this morning I decided to log into Experian.com and noticed a small random increase of 7 points.. Weird. I then logged in again about 20 minutes ago and noticed on top of that 7 point increase, my score went up again by a whopping 37 points!!! 

The point increase does not include the 4 statement balances that I have paid off on my CC accounts as well as the removal of two 2018 Kohls late payments! I am looking forward to seeing what my score will be when all of this updates. I am literally 20 points away from 700, which was my goal for September 2020. I set that goal 2 years ago... Look at me now. So close I can taste it. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU SSL Paid Off

Congrats.  Hopefully you'll achieve your goal ahead of schedule.

Message 2 of 15
CivalV
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats.  Hopefully you'll achieve your goal ahead of schedule.

Thank you! I really appreciate that. A lot of people who personally know me, say I am FICO crazy but look at all of the progress I have made. 3YRS ago I had a score of 550. Slow progress better than no progress haha

Message 3 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your points boost!

Message 4 of 15
CivalV
Established Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Congrats on your points boost!

Thank you! I love that meme! haha 

Message 5 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy

Just a note, your title isnt totally accurate as your loan was not paid off but paid down and might confuse other members. 

Message 6 of 15
CivalV
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

CongratsSmiley Happy

Just a note, your title isnt totally accurate as your loan was not paid off but paid down and might confuse other members. 

Thank you!! 

Funny you mentioned that! When I clicked on my notifications and read the title, I thought to myself... yikes you have to change that title to NFCU SSL Paid Down, not paid off and of course I read your comment right after 🤣 

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool, 37 points is nothing to sneaze at, congrats! 

Been contemplating an SSL for when my current laon is aoid off in 2 months, it will of course depend on how hard that closure hit my score though. I'll still have an Auto loan but it's only paid down to 66%.

Message 8 of 15
MrZero
Regular Contributor

Congrats! Mine went up about 32 points on TU and a whopping 51 on Experian from what I can tell.

Updated 8/12/22.

Total Inquiries: EX: 1|TU: 1|EQ: 1
Derogs: 0
AAoA: 2Y1M
AoOA: 2Y6M.
AoYA: 1Y1M.
Total CL: 57,600
Utilization: ~1%

Message 9 of 15
CivalV
Established Contributor

@MrZero wrote:

Congrats! Mine went up about 32 points on TU and a whopping 51 on Experian from what I can tell.

So far TU went up 50 points, EX went up 40 and EQ has not went up just yet. EQ takes forever to update on my reports smh 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.