Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Shared Secured Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Shared Secured Loan

Hi,

Newby here. But I had been reading for a while. I'm planning on taking a shares secured loan with NFCU but I want to understand more about how to do it. So here's my dilemma:

1. Can I open a $1,000 for 60 months then pay off 90%.
  2. When do I pay the 90%? At the time I apply for the loan or on my first payment?

I apologize if this has been asked around the forum, you can just comment the link so I can read through. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU Shared Secured Loan

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

Newby here. But I had been reading for a while. I'm planning on taking a shares secured loan with NFCU but I want to understand more about how to do it. So here's my dilemma:

2. When do I pay the 90%? At the time I apply for the loan or on my first payment?

I apologize if this has been asked around the forum, you can just comment the link so I can read through. Thanks in advance.

1. $3001 is minimum for 60 months. Yes.

2. Give it a day or two after account open. Then you can pay it down.

See links:

NFCU SSL 

How do shared secured loans work? 

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It really depends on what your intent is. Are you looking for the long term score boost. It's essentially like a secured credit card in the sense that you give them money, they give you back money, and charge you a teeny amount of interest. Sorry if this wasn't answering your question or was restating something you already knew. 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

See links:

NFCU SSL 

@AllZero, have you heard if anyone has been denied with SSL? I still have baddies, around 5 CO and the money that I will use for my SSL is also the money I'm going to use to pay off my COs. Thanks in advance.

Message 4 of 10
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous if none of those CO are to Navy, then you should be okay. I haven't read of any denials due to CO.

Message 5 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

See links:

NFCU SSL 

@AllZero, have you heard if anyone has been denied with SSL? I still have baddies, around 5 CO and the money that I will use for my SSL is also the money I'm going to use to pay off my COs. Thanks in advance.

Should not be a denial as it is secured.

Message 6 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous if none of those CO are to Navy, then you should be okay. I haven't read of any denials due to CO.

I don't believe Navy even pulled My credit for the SSL.

Message 7 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

See links:

NFCU SSL 

Good stuff @AllZero Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@M_Smart007    hooyah

Message 9 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

1. As @AllZero pointed out, minimum for 60 months is $3001.

2. You don't pay 90%, you pay 91%, so you're no higher than 9%.

3. You can pay it off the same day if you want, or the day after.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.