Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU accounts, Alliant accounts, and dormancy

tag
echoecho
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU accounts, Alliant accounts, and dormancy

Great info , tanks especially for the children part. Just to be safe I'll make sure at least $50 is in the acct for both kiddos.
Message 11 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@echoecho wrote:
Great info , tanks especially for the children part. Just to be safe I'll make sure at least $50 is in the acct for both kiddos.

Not a bad idea at all, but with kids they should not have to worry about dormancy in any case until they're 24 (per the .pdf).  Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 16
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I ordered checks last week , I am going to use the mobile deposit for Navy Fed , maybe push money into my accounts once or twice a mth .
Message 13 of 16
echoecho
Regular Contributor

You're correct but never hurts to sock drawer some money in their accounts. I'm thinking if they get a few pennies every month or so on interest would that count for activity??
Message 14 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@echoecho wrote:
You're correct but never hurts to sock drawer some money in their accounts. I'm thinking if they get a few pennies every month or so on interest would that count for activity??

I send $10-$20 into my NFCU savings each month 'just because' as well.  Smiley Wink

In my case I do it just to have another little 'stash' of petty cash, but it has a secondary effect of also creating activity.  (It's also surprising how quickly even that small amount adds up over the months...)

I say do whatever works for you!  Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 16
echoecho
Regular Contributor

Yep sounds like a plan. Out of sught, out of mind.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.