Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU and law enforcement *** UPDATE 1/9/19

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NFCU and law enforcement

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Yes, i was checking Navy online and it references DoD, Department of Defense . Id imagine alot of that would be those civilians who worked or works on Military installations. Number one source recommended would always be directly from the sourceSmiley Happy

ya was kicking myself use to work as a civilian contractor for the DOD at the pentagon little did i know about credit those days or would of joined long long ago Smiley Happy.  Thank gosh for me San Diego chapter was around for awhile before they shut it down.  

Message 11 of 22
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Joe

Thank you for the suggestion of calling them.  I did an online chat but they only text me back with the same info I saw on line.  So yes, I will call them directly.  Also, thank you for the kind words, it's appreciated. I was just doing a job I enjoyed.  Everyone has a nich in life and all jobs are important, no matter what it is.  If I decide to go for it, I will definitely report back to let everyone know what happened.  I know this will help others in the future.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 12 of 22
Sadie5150
Regular Contributor

Thank you, Hotrod... that was very nice of you to say.  I thank you for your service to our communities as well.  Your years of hard work and dedication is much appreciated.   My husband is just 3 years from retirement, and I'm looking forward to it.  Policing is much different today, than it was when my husband pursued his passion almost 30 years ago.   I have a peace of mind knowing he is in the office a majority of his work days.  We just attended the 4th funeral in a years time for a fallen officer.   We've lost 3 of our own officers, on duty,  in the past 15 years.

Very sad.. So, again, thank you for your many years of doing what you loved.  

If I were you (certainly can't hurt,) I would give NFCU a call and ask them directly about being qualified.  You'd think they would recognize the benefit of having you as a member.   Good Luck to you!

Message 13 of 22
Sadie5150
Regular Contributor

Thank you, Peekaboo.... My son was the baby and has been living in another state since April 2018.  He's doing very well, but I haven't quite acclimated to not seeing him every.single.day..... Smiley Sad.  Very proud of him though.  If I were a guessing girl, I would guess you work in and ICU... lol.....   L & D is my calling.... 

Message 14 of 22
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@Sadie5150 wrote:

Thank you, Hotrod... that was very nice of you to say.  I thank you for your service to our communities as well.  Your years of hard work and dedication is much appreciated.   My husband is just 3 years from retirement, and I'm looking forward to it.  Policing is much different today, than it was when my husband pursued his passion almost 30 years ago.   I have a peace of mind knowing he is in the office a majority of his work days.  We just attended the 4th funeral in a years time for a fallen officer.   We've lost 3 of our own officers, on duty,  in the past 15 years.

Very sad.. So, again, thank you for your many years of doing what you loved.  

If I were you (certainly can't hurt,) I would give NFCU a call and ask them directly about being qualified.  You'd think they would recognize the benefit of having you as a member.   Good Luck to you!

Thank you Sadie for the kind words.  I know you are both looking forward to many years of a well deserved retirement.  You are right,  being in law enforcement today is very difficult.  I too am saddened every time I hear about a fallen officer.  It saddens me to think about the families,  especially the young children,  who will never see their mom or dad again.  Well,  as far as NFCU goes,  I called them last night and I have an update for the  forum which I will do in my original post.  Thanks again for your time and input.  My best to you and your husband.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 15 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU and law enforcement *** UPDATE 1/9/19

Thank you for the update imhotrodcrazy. Sorry to hear but thanks for clearing it up. Though this door has been closed, definetly try out Penfed and check out Langley FCU, you should have no problems joining and enjoying their productsSmiley Happy
Message 16 of 22
CBartowski
Frequent Contributor

+1

Definitely agree with Joe. PLENTY of other options, off the bat I would check out PenFed and Alliant FCUs.

Best of luck to you!

CARDS:
AMEX CS Plat | NSL -- Chase Freedom Flex | $19,000
AMEX Gold | NSL -- Citi Double Cash | $10,000
AMEX HH NAF | $1,000 -- Uber Visa | $5,000
CSR | $29,000 -- USAA Plat | $8,000
USAA AMEX | $23,000 -- MB Boundless | $11,900 -- CFU | $3,600 -- PenFed Pathfinder | $10,000 -- MS Plat | NSL

BANKS:
NFCU | USAA | PenFed | Schwab Bank | First Bank | Chase
Message 17 of 22
stinastina
Established Contributor

I saw an email that members can now refer friends. So if you have a friend, op, I would hurry up and ask them. Navy is way better than Penfed in my opinion.

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 18 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I have this email but id imagine the person referred still has to be elible in some way to join. A random friend i dont think eill pass the muster
Message 19 of 22
stinastina
Established Contributor

Actually you are right, AJC. The email does say the person must be eligible. I apologize for the misinformation.
BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.