Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU and the facts

tag
tussking
Established Contributor

NFCU and the facts

I just wanted to point out some info...

I joined Nov of 15...The flood gates were wide open. 

I then noticed the primetime commercials on TV and ESPN placements on MNF.

I then noticed the backdoor to membership via SD something league.

I watched them starting to close doors and tighten lending.

I noticed declines for really no good reasons.

I think they took on 100's of thousands of new accounts in 6-12 month period.

In taking that many new accounts no doubt there is FRAUD in there.

They may have met their goals of new accounts and lending.

I haven't receieved a CLI on my CC since May. I have used abused it and paid it in full almost every month. Anywhere from 1k to 7k.

So while people get upset at the lack of from NFCU...Many and myself couldn't be happier with all of my 7 accounts there.

I just think people need realize that windows open and windows close.

Best of luck to all.

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU and the facts

Who is getting upset with NFCU on here? Almost all I see is positive... I've had no issues at all with anything, especially CLI
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 14
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Also, how do you know that the CEO and board have made those decisions..?
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fltireguy wrote:
Also, how do you know that the CEO and board have made those decisions..?

Very good question.  I am curious to know as well...

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the opposite is happening. NFCU has been looking for a way to get new members that it previously did not have access too. While they will not come out and say it, I believe behind closed doors they may be happy about a backdoor. They are likely taking a more conservative approach to validating accounts and extending credit, at least until the boat stops rocking. 

Message 5 of 14
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think the opposite is happening. NFCU has been looking for a way to get new members that it previously did not have access too. While they will not come out and say it, I believe behind closed doors they may be happy about a backdoor. They are likely taking a more conservative approach to validating accounts and extending credit, at least until the boat stops rocking.

Message 6 of 14
creditguy
Valued Contributor

The title should say NFCU the facts about my account and speculation on the rest, but I digress. Navy is doing a great job and they aren't the number one credit union for nothing. Are they all things to all people? Nope and no other bank or CU is.

The only thing I'd suggest they do is; advertise more, the many years I spent in the military I never heard of them until I read about them here. Good thing my wife was in the military when we found out about NFCU or I'd be on the outside looking in. Of course now with Navy League it'd be possible, anyway they are great. Even though we're an Army family, I say Go Navy!!!!

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Facts:

$24k rewards card

$15k CLOC

$7200.00

All extended to me within a month of each other (CC and CLOC same day) and not more then 2 months ago.  That's just North of $46k credit extended to a new customer just recently and the stories I have read here in those last 2 months here at myfico have been nothing short of positive.

Message 8 of 14
Shann0n_marie
Frequent Contributor

@creditguy wrote:

The title should say NFCU the facts about my account and speculation on the rest, but I digress. Navy is doing a great job and they aren't the number one credit union for nothing. Are they all things to all people? Nope and no other bank or CU is.

The only thing I'd suggest they do is; advertise more, the many years I spent in the military I never heard of them until I read about them here. Good thing my wife was in the military when we found out about NFCU or I'd be on the outside looking in. Of course now with Navy League it'd be possible, anyway they are great. Even though we're an Army family, I say Go Navy!!!!

Has NFCU changed their membership allowance requirements?

2/8/19 - CH 7 BK filed
5/15/19 -Discharged
Scores at Discharge: 550 EQ 471 TU 509 EXP (Last Updated 5/11)
5/16/19 - Rebuild Started - App'ed for Credit One - Approved for $2,000 starting line! (Increased to $2200 the following month)
6/7/19 - 606 EQ 544 TU 566 EXP - New CC reported w/ $75 Balance
12/10/19 - 616 EQ 581 TU 592 EXP

8/28/2021 - 698 EQ 670 TU 674EXP
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shann0n_marie wrote:

@creditguy wrote:

Has NFCU changed their membership allowance requirements?

NO they have not. But they aquired USA Credit Union which means they absorbed the membership profile of that CU as well. One of the ways to join USA CU was by having a membership in the Navy League of San Diego. Thus anyone can join NFCU by joining the Navy League of San Diego. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.