Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU eligibility info

tag
CrankyDave
Regular Contributor

NFCU eligibility info

My late dad was in the national guard, so I'm supposedly eligible for NFCU membership, but he died quite a while ago, so neither I nor my mom can find his social security number or military service number. Anybody have pointers on identification info that they'll accept? Can they (or I) look it up based on his name and date of birth/death? It's not that huge a deal, but NFCU is adored around here, so it seems like a wasted opportunity.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU eligibility info

I believe you can get his DD214 here.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

They won' ask. My father has been dead for over 40 years and stepfather over 30.    Both were active duty and I called NFCU and I could get in  with out eithers ssn. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CrankyDave wrote:

My late dad was in the national guard, so I'm supposedly eligible for NFCU membership, but he died quite a while ago, so neither I nor my mom can find his social security number or military service number. Anybody have pointers on identification info that they'll accept? Can they (or I) look it up based on his name and date of birth/death? It's not that huge a deal, but NFCU is adored around here, so it seems like a wasted opportunity.

Most have reported that by simply calling and telling NFCU about a family members's military service they were let in. There have been a few reports lately of people being told they may need to provide a DD214. 

Another poster provided a link for you to request your father's DD214. You probably won't need it (yet) but it would be good to have just in case. Unlless NFCU has access to information that they can validate, I think they should be asking for the DD214. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.