Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU in Orange County CA knows all about Navy League

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU in Orange County CA knows all about Navy League

Went into the branch today to open my account. I was well versed in what to bring, what to say, and everything else I learned here.

DIdn't need it. I told the lady I was a new member of the Navy League. She asked, "San Diego, I assume?"

No need to call for override or anything. Faxed it in, told me to wait two days, and come back when I want to talk about credit.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU in Orange County CA knows all about Navy League

@Anonymous wrote:

Went into the branch today to open my account. I was well versed in what to bring, what to say, and everything else I learned here.

DIdn't need it. I told the lady I was a new member of the Navy League. She asked, "San Diego, I assume?"

No need to call for override or anything. Faxed it in, told me to wait two days, and come back when I want to talk about credit.

Federalist,

If it makes you feel any better, I live on the east coast and my branch knew all about joining through the Navy League and BAE.

Get ready to enjoy some awesome benefits!

Message 2 of 12
Glen_M
Frequent Contributor

Navy League San Diego chapter must be raking it in.  lol

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Been contaplating on opening an account this week, but would rather go to the branch since it'll be quicker than sending it via snail mail.

Which branch did you got to if you don't mind me asking?

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm from georgia and Im going to a branch tomorrow to apply. I am also apart of navy league sand diego lol. Who cares. They should want the business anywho

Message 5 of 12
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm from georgia and Im going to a branch tomorrow to apply. I am also apart of navy league sand diego lol. Who cares. They should want the business anywho

I'm in SC and unless something has changed in their policy, all the branch will do is fax the application for you. Make sure you bring a copy of the email from the Navy League showing you are in the San Diego chapter, your ID, SSN card, and utility bill in case NFCU needs to verify your residence.

Good luck. Hopefully your membership will be approved in a matter of days.

Guyatthebeach

Message 6 of 12
ccpat
Frequent Contributor

Has anything changed?  Does anyone know if you can take your Navy League email into a Dallas Branch and get a membership to NFCU and open a savings account?  Does it have to be done through email?

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Response to the Above Person, it has to be done through email or fax. It will tak over a week as it took me a week and a half and just got accpeted, but you cant beat this credit union so it is well worth the wait!

Message 8 of 12
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Response to the Above Person, it has to be done through email or fax. It will tak over a week as it took me a week and a half and just got accpeted, but you cant beat this credit union so it is well worth the wait!

+1

You might find a NLUS person here and there that reports that a local branch was able to help them in-branch, but those seem to be the exceptions more than the rule.  The more you go "out of the box" from what is known to work the more unpredictable your results could be.

If it were me I would keep things simple and just do what is known to work.

If you decide to do things your own way that's your prerogative, just manage your expectations accordingly (i.e. don't complain if things don't work out the way you "believe" they should).

Message 9 of 12
ccpat
Frequent Contributor

I was able to sign up for NL online Thursday and received a confirmation email right away.  Went to the branch Friday in Arlington at lunch and the lady signed me up in less than 30 minutes.  Entire process to get a new account took less than 24 hours.  I did call first to confirm I could open a new account. That may be the difference. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.