Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU in less than an hour?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU in less than an hour?

Asking for quick advice on NFCU SSL, I went to a branch today and deposited over $3000 in my savings. Then I came home and within less than an hour:

-I called to request loan

-Got approval, signed documents online

-The additional $3001 just appeared in my checking account!

I'm kind of in shock, this took less than an hour! Can I go ahead and repay the loan minus 8.8% right now, online? When I called to apply, the CSR told me I could not request a first payment date (which has turned out to be 1/8/20), but that I could make my first payment any time.

Is there any reason I should wait until tomorrow to make the payment?

You guys rock with all of your great advice, today I got an email from Experian that my score just went up 62 points (due to other things I've been working on). Now I'm hoping this SSL will finally get me over the 670 threshold, since I currently don't have any installment loans!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
satio
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU in less than an hour?

I took mine out in person in the branch back in September and the funds were deposited immediately however the account did not show up for me to pay against it until after midnight of the same day.

As soon as it appeared I made one normal payment which caused the next due to bump forward another 30’days.

I immediately made a second payment to bring it down to 8.5 balance and next payment due bumped to Feb 2024

Since that time i make a $1 payment once a month

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, but.... is there any reason to make two payments like that? Can I not just make one payment now for $2737?

Message 3 of 8
satio
Frequent Contributor

Sure you could just make a single payment.

Message 4 of 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your SSL.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Satio and AllZero!!! And everyone else for always posting great info!

Message 6 of 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Good luck on your credit journey. You probably all ready know about creditchecktotal.com, experian.com for $1. It's great for tracking your progress.
Message 7 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Asking for quick advice on NFCU SSL, I went to a branch today and deposited over $3000 in my savings. Then I came home and within less than an hour:

-I called to request loan

-Got approval, signed documents online

-The additional $3001 just appeared in my checking account!

I'm kind of in shock, this took less than an hour! Can I go ahead and repay the loan minus 8.8% right now, online? When I called to apply, the CSR told me I could not request a first payment date (which has turned out to be 1/8/20), but that I could make my first payment any time.

Is there any reason I should wait until tomorrow to make the payment?

You guys rock with all of your great advice, today I got an email from Experian that my score just went up 62 points (due to other things I've been working on). Now I'm hoping this SSL will finally get me over the 670 threshold, since I currently don't have any installment loans!

No reason to wait.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.