Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU: love at first sight

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU: love at first sight

Hi All!

First, thank you for all of the useful info I've found here! I joined NFCU over the weekend and after a few issues with my verifications, I'm finally up and running.

Opened a savings with $5 and a checking; walked out of the branch with my debit card. When I got home I said "why not?" and took a shot at a Go Rewards CC. Went to 24 hour review and decided it was declined. Believe my shock when I got the approval message for $1600! I literally have been declined everywhere and just started my rebuild today.

I can't believe this!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU: love at first sight

Congrats! This is the start of a beautiful friendship! 

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm just thrilled! I originally went to Chase for the new account bonus, but the banker made me feel useless.

And I'm not sure if this info is correct, but the manager at my NFCU branch said even though they do a HP for each product, if it's all within 30 days from the same institution, it shouldn't hurt my credit score. And if it does, they have a rubric they use to add to the score if they know it's their inquiries causing a drop.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just want to add, I opened this account yesterday and applied for my CC around 1100. I paid for expedited shipping, thinking I'd never get approved or that it would take 30 days.

FedEx just delivered my card and it hasn't even been 24 hours. It's only 0830 here. I am stunned!
Message 4 of 9
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations and welcome to the forums and to Navy!  Treat it well and it will grow with you.  If you haven't found it already, here's the link to the big thread on CLIs: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Thread-for-CLI-and-Additional-...

It's a long read (so grab some coffee first). If you don't want to ready the entire thread, read the first post and then the last 10 or so pages.

Again, congrats! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BPebbles, thank you!
Message 6 of 9
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@BPebbles, thank you!

You're welcome!  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations and we are thrilled for you! Very nicely done Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations to you! NFCU is a great CU! Enjoy your new credit!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.