Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU membership application

tag
winner88
Contributor

NFCU membership application

I applied for membership (CSR took the application over the phone) on Friday. A few hours later, I received an email requesting copy of ID and proof of address. I uploaded those later that evening. I haven't heard back since then. Does it usually take this long to establish membership?

EQ 772
TU 764
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU membership application

Typically, online this is a much faster process though since you did this over the phone and they asked for additional documentation, this does not feel like an extended period of time.  They are rather diligent and if you don't hear something by WED (3 business days) then I would reach out to them.  

Message 2 of 6
winner88
Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

Typically, online this is a much faster process though since you did this over the phone and they asked for additional documentation, this does not feel like an extended period of time.  They are rather diligent and if you don't hear something by WED (3 business days) then I would reach out to them.  

Thanks for the info. I'll give them a couple more days 

EQ 772
TU 764
Message 3 of 6
winner88
Contributor

I'm in! Finally. I was under the impression NFCU provides TU Fico 9. Why am I seeing TU vantage 3 credit scores?

EQ 772
TU 764
Message 4 of 6
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

@winner88 wrote:

I'm in! Finally. I was under the impression NFCU provides TU Fico 9. Why am I seeing TU vantage 3 credit scores?

Do you have any credit products with them? When I login, I see the Credit Score Dashboard under checking, which provides a Vantage Score. But under the Loans & Credit section, there's a View Your FICO Score, which once a month updates my Equifax FICO 9. IIRC, I had to opt-in to the FICO score, and it took about two months after I got my credit card before it populated.

Message 5 of 6
keekers556
Established Contributor

The TU Fico 9 score is available if you have a credit card with them (not sure about other products e.g. loans).

@winner88 wrote:

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.