Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU membership opportunity

tag
Yeliaba1
Frequent Contributor

NFCU membership opportunity

For those wanting to join NFCU, they are accepting friendship referrals up until Feb 28th.  It does say this offer can be terminated at any time.  I just received this email and have no idea if it is targeted or open to all.  So, if you have friends or family with a membership give them a call.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU membership opportunity

If you look closer it says "refer eligible friends and family" and you get a small bonus. The new members still must have NFCU eligibility.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where do you get that information? I also a member of NFCU but haven't received anything.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can also do a search of "NFCU Friends and Family"
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm  sorry, I having problem of understanding with this thread! I am a member of NFCU. Does that mean I can refer my friends? My friends and I do not share the same address? Is it still eligible? 

Message 5 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I would imagine the friend would still have to qualify no? Otherwise, myFico would invite everyone to join lolSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called NFCU and asked if this is correct and they told me to use this link to find out

https://membership.navyfederal.org/#/step/eligibility-choices

LOL. I asked again, but she keeps referring me to use that link to find out.

Message 7 of 11
rbentley
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I would imagine the friend would still have to qualify no? Otherwise, myFico would invite everyone to join lolSmiley Wink

Yes, the OP misunderstood the email.  You can refer "eligible friends."  Those friends however must be eligible in their own right to be members (military affilation) and not just any friend of an existing member.

Message 8 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

This was brought up before. The person you're referring must be eligible for membership. 

If that was not the case, I'd be living on their doorstep right now Smiley Frustrated

Message 9 of 11
Yeliaba1
Frequent Contributor

Sorry for the confusion 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.