Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU now has Zelle!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU now has Zelle!

Was online this early morning and noticed a change. Pop money has been replaced - and we now have Zelle. It's up and running. Have already added both of our adult children, so no more waiting 3 or more days for money transfers. Instant transferring of money is so much better! Good job Navyfed! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU now has Zelle!

This is awesome👏👏
Message 2 of 41
jacetx
Valued Contributor

NFCU Zelle is alive!

Great news! Seems NFCU released Zelle (P2P payments) overnight without notice. It was known it would be released this year but it was delayed.

Message 3 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excuse my ignorance and I apologize in advance if the answer here is obvious, but what is Zelle?

Message 4 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Excuse my ignorance and I apologize in advance if the answer here is obvious, but what is Zelle?

BBS, it's a way to transfer money quickly.  Let's use your college kid as an example. He needs money for groceries. If your financial institution uses Zelle, in most cases the money can be transferred from your account to his banking account within minutes.  

It's an excellent source to transfer money.  If you and your buddies are at dinner, and only one swipes his credit card to keep it simple, you can pay him through Zelle. It's simple and fast.  You just have to enter his name, and either a phone number, email address or account number. 

PopMoney, through NFCU, was so slow. It took days. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
This is awesome👏👏

Sadine, yes it is! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 41
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: NFCU Zelle is alive!

@jacetx wrote:

Great news! Seems NFCU released Zelle (P2P payments) overnight without notice. It was known it would be released this year but it was delayed.

Yes it is!!  screamer.gif

So far the website hasn't been updated (at least as of the time of this post) but it is active on the app.

Also, for anybody who is already using Zelle with another bank/CU be sure to set it up with a different email or phone number with NFCU.  Overlooking this will result in grief and heartache later on...

In my case, I have Zelle set up with my phone number with USAA and my email address with Wells Fargo, and it works like a charm.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha, so it's a service that can be used between different financial institutions.  Kind of like Chase Pay for multiple people that have Chase accounts that can do near immediate transfers, Zelle would allow that between different banks.

Message 8 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Gotcha, so it's a service that can be used between different financial institutions.  Kind of like Chase Pay for multiple people that have Chase accounts that can do near immediate transfers, Zelle would allow that between different banks.

Yep! Chase Bank has quickpay and they use Zelle. Actually had Chase checking and closed it months ago when we transferred all of our accounts over to Navy. When we signed up for Navy's Zelle this morning, Navy had to actually pull our Chase Zelle even though the account had been closed. Don't really understand why that had to occur. But, gave them the okay to transfer the Zelle over to Navy. And, soon after, received an email from Chase that the Zelle app was transferred to Navy. 

A bit odd.  Maybe someone on these boards can explain why you may not be able to have two different banking institutions and use the Zelle app at both. 

Message 9 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Zelle is alive!

Seems like Navy is trying to be ridiculous like TD Bank. 

The money should be available immediately... My $1 test transfer isn't even available to me yet and I transferred the money hours ago.

I'm also in the boat of wondering what's going on with the website remodel. So far, only the home page (last October), and not the actual online banking platform has been updated. 

Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.