Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU now has Zelle!

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: NFCU Zelle is alive!

If you have your profile set up correctly there should be no delay with funds availability. 

When WF and USAA started using Zelle I was able to get instant credit from day one, but I was sure I had my email/phone registered in the app properly first.

Note that you don't use the Zelle app for transfers if your bank/CU is a participating institution.  For participating institutions, Zelle is part of your bank/CU app.

The Zelle app is for people who's banks don't have Zelle 'baked in', and using it you will have a delay.  This seems to be a common point of confusion.

Message 11 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

If you have your profile set up correctly there should be no delay with funds availability. 

When WF and USAA started using Zelle I was able to get instant credit from day one, but I was sure I had my email/phone registered in the app properly first.

Note that you don't use the Zelle app for transfers if your bank/CU is a participating institution.  For participating institutions, Zelle is part of your bank/CU app.

The Zelle app is for people who's banks don't have Zelle 'baked in', and using it you will have a delay.  This seems to be a common point of confusion.

I know, but certain financial institutions seem to have an issue with giving the money immediately.

Message 12 of 41
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

I know, but certain financial institutions seem to have an issue with giving the money immediately.

Ally being one of them, even though it is integrated with their app/website.

Message 13 of 41
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@jacetx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Interesting... the only time I have been told of a delay was with a large amount ($1k) to someone I had never sent money to before.  I lowered the amount to $400 and it changed to instant (the cutoff might have been higher than $400... that's just what I tried next).

I do know the limits are set by the individual member banks; USAA's daily limit is lower than Wells Fargo's, for example.

Back to the topic of this thread... I'll be interested to see how Zelle works out for NFCU members.  Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 41
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@jacetx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Interesting... the only time I have been told of a delay was with a large amount ($1k) to someone I had never sent money to before.  I lowered the amount to $400 and it changed to instant (the cutoff might have been higher than $400... that's just what I tried next).

I do know the limits are set by the individual member banks; USAA's daily limit is lower than Wells Fargo's, for example.

Back to the topic of this thread... I'll be interested to see how Zelle works out for NFCU members.  Smiley Happy

I just tested a transfer from WF to NFCU and it was instant, so I think it will work fine for me. My daily limit for WF is $2500 ($1000 instant).

Message 15 of 41
outofcredit
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU now has Zelle!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Gotcha, so it's a service that can be used between different financial institutions.  Kind of like Chase Pay for multiple people that have Chase accounts that can do near immediate transfers, Zelle would allow that between different banks.

Yep! Chase Bank has quickpay and they use Zelle. Actually had Chase checking and closed it months ago when we transferred all of our accounts over to Navy. When we signed up for Navy's Zelle this morning, Navy had to actually pull our Chase Zelle even though the account had been closed. Don't really understand why that had to occur. But, gave them the okay to transfer the Zelle over to Navy. And, soon after, received an email from Chase that the Zelle app was transferred to Navy. 

A bit odd.  Maybe someone on these boards can explain why you may not be able to have two different banking institutions and use the Zelle app at both. 

I use Zelle for multiple banks and accounts.  The only way it works is if you have a unique email address for each bank  or have a different phone number for each bank.  I actually created extra email accounts on gmail and linked each bank to a different email and then enrolled each one in Zelle.  I have been able to move money between these multiple accounts (all mine), and I nickname them according to the bank, "outofcreditChase", outofcreditBOA, outofcreditWF etc). 

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 16 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU now has Zelle!

@outofcredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Gotcha, so it's a service that can be used between different financial institutions.  Kind of like Chase Pay for multiple people that have Chase accounts that can do near immediate transfers, Zelle would allow that between different banks.

Yep! Chase Bank has quickpay and they use Zelle. Actually had Chase checking and closed it months ago when we transferred all of our accounts over to Navy. When we signed up for Navy's Zelle this morning, Navy had to actually pull our Chase Zelle even though the account had been closed. Don't really understand why that had to occur. But, gave them the okay to transfer the Zelle over to Navy. And, soon after, received an email from Chase that the Zelle app was transferred to Navy. 

A bit odd.  Maybe someone on these boards can explain why you may not be able to have two different banking institutions and use the Zelle app at both. 

I use Zelle for multiple banks and accounts.  The only way it works is if you have a unique email address for each bank  or have a different phone number for each bank.  I actually created extra email accounts on gmail and linked each bank to a different email and then enrolled each one in Zelle.  I have been able to move money between these multiple accounts (all mine), and I nickname them according to the bank, "outofcreditChase", outofcreditBOA, outofcreditWF etc). 

Thank you, outofcredit, for explaining how that works, in easy to follow steps! Our email and phone number have been the same for years, so that's why it was pulled from Chase. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jacetx wrote:

Great news! Seems NFCU released Zelle (P2P payments) overnight without notice. It was known it would be released this year but it was delayed.

Very good news, jacetx! Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 41
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I've merged the two threads into one, so there might be some info-overlap...

--UB

Message 19 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great news. I use Zelle a lot between my banks (Wells, BoA, Citi). Love it.

Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.