Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU scoring

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU scoring

Does anyone know which scoring module NFCU uses? My husband and I would like to buy a car in the future but still working on credit. We just want to make sure we can get to the score we need. It would probbly just be in my husband's name. His credit isn't good but better than mine. According to the MyFICO credit report, he only has 1 thing in collections that says paid(going to try GW letter). He has a 4 year old BK on his report too. I am concerned with the fact that according to Credit Karma, he has a different collection(not paid and we shouldnt owe it but we do not have proof now) on there from 2012 but it doesn't show up on MyFICO. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU scoring

The last I heard, they were still using FICO 04

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU scoring

I thought maybe that' what they used but wasn't sure. Do you happen to know DTI ratio they prefer? We are getting ready to pay down some cards and some will be paid off.
My husband's doesn't make much monthly so that's a worry. He's currently a full-time student. He he gets VA Disabilty plus his housing money from his GI Bill. He wants to find a part time job to help with making a little more income so he'd have a better chance at getting a loan.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.