Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU through Navy League Time Line

Thanks everyone for adding your timeline!Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys, I seem to have been pretty lucky to have gotten in with NFCU rather quickly.  Here's my timeline.

August 9 - Joined Navy League San Diego online and received welcome email.  Then emailed NFCU application with pdf of NLUS email, Passport+DL.

August 10 - Because I was impatient I called to check on how things were moving along.  Was told I should wait 48 hours after sending the application to show up in the system.

August 11 - Called again as it had been 48 hours, was told I was not in the system and I should resubmit the application.  CSR seemed to know I was using the NLUS method despite me not mentioning this.

August 12 - Got the notification about the Transunion pull.  A little less than 2 hours later, got the welcome email from NFCU.  Called to set up my online access, and was able to make the $5.00 membership fee payment with a debit card during the same conversation (CSR stated this was a one time courtesy).

August 13 - Applied for the cashRewards Visa.  NFCU Pulled TU again, instant approval for $2300 (for now - sent secure message asking for recon with same HP)

I'll update this with the outcome of my recon request.

August 13 - An hour or so after sending the message I was told they performed a second review and are sticking with their original decision.  I had explained to them that my PRG monthly spend was more than the limit that was granted, but they did not bite.  Oh well.

August 27 - Received Navy League Member Card + Pin in mail.

Message 22 of 73
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

48 hours and 17 (or was it 18?) minutes from email submission of application to NFCU. 

I joined NLSD the night before. 

Apped same day for NFCU credit card ($21,500 at 13%) and CLOC ($15,000). 

Easy breezy.

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 23 of 73
bk510
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My timeline,

Joined NLSD on 9/4 and received a welcome email.

On 9/5 sent NFCU membership app via email ( included NLSD welcome email, payment and DL, SS ) since I did not have a scanner I just took the photo of all the docs with my iPhone.

On 9/6 at 6:35am I received an email from Credit Karma with TU pull (none on EQ)

At 6:37am, received welcome email from NFCUSmiley Surprised

Talk about quick....I'm really impressed.

Have not done any C.C.... My TU is around 660....I wanna get to 680 before I app

Can I setup online access and fund my savings and checking without calling first?

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 24 of 73
echoecho
Regular Contributor

Knowing that Navy is swamped with application thru here I was ready to be patient. 10 aug I app online with my mil id and wife's dl number. Got the email stating they are reviewing the app. Called that Friday to verify. 2nd week I called Wednesday still in queue and waiting to get to my app. 3rd week same thing but csr told me to hang up phone and will call back for security verification. Called back in a few minutes, that's good at least I'm not a robot I told the csr.😜 Called Tuesday this week and csr check app dept and came back stating we are a go and let's process your membership. Even got my rank correct since they probably got it from dod. Almost a month but not complaining bc I'm in.
Message 25 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bk510 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My timeline,

Joined NLSD on 9/4 and received a welcome email.

On 9/5 sent NFCU membership app via email ( included NLSD welcome email, payment and DL, SS ) since I did not have a scanner I just took the photo of all the docs with my iPhone.

On 9/6 at 6:35am I received an email from Credit Karma with TU pull (none on EQ)

At 6:37am, received welcome email from NFCUSmiley Surprised

Talk about quick....I'm really impressed.

Have not done any C.C.... My TU is around 660....I wanna get to 680 before I app

Can I setup online access and fund my savings and checking without calling first?

Yes, you can.

Message 26 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@echoecho wrote:
Knowing that Navy is swamped with application thru here I was ready to be patient. 10 aug I app online with my mil id and wife's dl number. Got the email stating they are reviewing the app. Called that Friday to verify. 2nd week I called Wednesday still in queue and waiting to get to my app. 3rd week same thing but csr told me to hang up phone and will call back for security verification. Called back in a few minutes, that's good at least I'm not a robot I told the csr.😜 Called Tuesday this week and csr check app dept and came back stating we are a go and let's process your membership. Even got my rank correct since they probably got it from dod. Almost a month but not complaining bc I'm in.

Great news!

Message 27 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you ever receive a response? Because I sent them my Navy League of The United States and was told that they don't accept that. That I need to send a letter from San Diego Navy League. I would like to know if anyone was approved using this letter.

@Anonymous wrote:

I have no idea which NFCU thread to use, so I'll just pick this one.  Joined NLUS on Monday, and applied online to NFCU.  I got an email today asking for documentation of my eligibility to join. The list of documents given was only the usual affiliations, but I sent my reply email with the NLUS (San Diego) confirmation and also a copy of my CC transactions showing the payment.  Waiting impatiently for the next email...

Message 28 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did the same thing. I applied under my sister but then they wanted birth certs and I didn't have time for all of that so I joined the Navy League and now i'm being told by the CU that it must be San Diego Navy League.

@Anonymous wrote:

This is all so awesome! So, glad Yourewelcome shared!!!!!! But, I have a question. Please take it easy on me. Some of you guys can get rude on these threads... LOL! But, I recently applied under my step sister. I'm currently under review and just submitted my documents (wish I would have seen this thread first!). I'm pretty green to all this stuff, but I'm currently working on establishing credit and my sister (step) advised I join. I'm a bit nervous after reading throught some of the threads about account freezes and such... Do you think I open a Navy League membership after having already applied under my sister. That would help? Mind you, my thought is that I may get flagged. What do you all think?

Message 29 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it has to be the San Diego chapter of the Navy League.

Message 30 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.