Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU

On Saturday, DW and I went into a local branch and opened accounts. While we were there I decided to question the woman opening our accounts. DW had her father's discharge paperwork etc so opening the account was painless but I asked her what if I didn't have my paperwork. She stated we look up the info in a government program but we require you to bring in the paperwork within 30 days or we freeze your accounts until you present proof. It made me wonder if some branches are more stringent with eligibility or if she was trying to do a scare tactic?

Another tidbit was since DW and I have different last names, she was happy our addresses matched or we would have had to show proof we were married. 

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU

@Anonymous wrote:

On Saturday, DW and I went into a local branch and opened accounts. While we were there I decided to question the woman opening our accounts. DW had her father's discharge paperwork etc so opening the account was painless but I asked her what if I didn't have my paperwork. She stated we look up the info in a government program but we require you to bring in the paperwork within 30 days or we freeze your accounts until you present proof. It made me wonder if some branches are more stringent with eligibility or if she was trying to do a scare tactic?

Another tidbit was since DW and I have different last names, she was happy our addresses matched or we would have had to show proof we were married. 

Congrats and Welcome To The Navy Family!

It is possible that they could be cracking down on membership.

I think a lot of people are trying to get in who do not qualify.

Message 2 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you! The branch I was in the employees were so friendly and helpful which was a nice change of pace but that was my thought when she said that. I will say she also was quite happy when DW stated she was moving her banking away from Key Bank to Navy.  I am thinking they deal with quite a few people who only open accounts to get loans and credit cards. 

Message 3 of 30
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your membership!

Message 4 of 30
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy

Moving ones money to Navy isnt a prerequisite to enjoying what Navy has to offerSmiley Wink. For some , their banking doesnt fulfill their needs and for others it does. Navys credit cards and loans are nice but beatable. Its their service and attention to ALL their members needs, rich and poor, that they shine in , in my humble opinion.
Message 5 of 30
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you! The branch I was in the employees were so friendly and helpful which was a nice change of pace but that was my thought when she said that. I will say she also was quite happy when DW stated she was moving her banking away from Key Bank to Navy.  I am thinking they deal with quite a few people who only open accounts to get loans and credit cards. 

I wish I had a branch near Me!   ..Closest one is 62.2 miles away. The reps on the phone have always been super nice.

and I have been able to do everything through phone app or online banking. It is great that they are Avail. 24/7 365 days.

I find The customer service outstanding and have had not one single problem. They really trySmiley Happy

Message 6 of 30
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
CongratsSmiley Happy

Moving ones money to Navy isnt a prerequisite to enjoying what Navy has to offerSmiley Wink. For some , their banking doesnt fulfill their needs and for others it does. Navys credit cards and loans are nice but beatable. Its their service and attention to ALL their members needs, rich and poor, that they shine in , in my humble opinion.

Hey AJC, Let Me know next time you are typing ..lol

Message 7 of 30
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Congrats!
Message 8 of 30
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

CongratsSmiley Happy

Lol i would Smartie but im too busy applying for Navy cliSmiley Wink

Message 9 of 30
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

CongratsSmiley Happy

Lol i would Smartie but im too busy applying for Navy cliSmiley Wink

Another one?  .. how much credit can you SD use?

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.