Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU

I'm speculating here but I do not think they are cracking down. What she told you has always been the policy and 100% accurate. Their first, lets call it "line of defense", has always been to try to verify the eligibility information via databases so the potential member does not have to provide any docs. Then if that cannot be done they move onto other methods. Since you are joining via your wife asking for proof of marriage is ok. But since you live at the same address you qualify under the roomate provision which they can easily prove with the ID provided, therfor no need for marriage docs. This is why probably 99% of couples never have to provide docs because they qualify under the cohabitating clause anyway.

Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say the Navy system to check eligibility is second to none.  So many members, and that's just the DP's from here, have never had to provide anything as the system found it.  While most of us can provide a DD-214, we've never been asked too. 

Agreed with above.   CS at Navy is the best. 

Message 12 of 30
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

C'mon @Anonymous, Dear Daughter 214 or Discover Dippin 214?😁
Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
C'mon @Anonymous, Dear Daughter 214 or Discover Dippin 214?😁

@AverageJoesCredit   YES!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 30
Chache
Valued Member

I have been with navy with no proof for over 3 years now and i didnt meet any of the requirements to get in guess i got lucky

Message 15 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Chache wrote:

I have been with navy with no proof for over 3 years now and i didnt meet any of the requirements to get in guess i got lucky

@Chache - through what method did you join NFCU 3 years ago?  Was this membership done through a branch?  

Message 16 of 30
Chache
Valued Member

Message 17 of 30
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Im curious @Chache , did you happen to use the Navy  League to join Navy Fed? Alot of lucky people joined that way.

Message 18 of 30
Chache
Valued Member

Come to think of it im not sure i work for the govt but nothing to do with a branch of service 

Message 19 of 30
financialfreedom777
Regular Contributor

Awesome, congrats!

I'd love to get in with Navy. Recently joined PenFed and they've frozen my account for 30days and I can't request a bank card for several months, I passed their check but they say this is protocal for new accounts.

I wonder, my uncle was in the Army, could I apply with Navy and say he is immediate family member instead of my Unc? Will they ask for some sort of proof? 

Starting Score: 12/18/2019 EQ 601 | TU 614 | EX 596
Current Score after recent fall from grace: 02/8/2023 EQ 647 | TU 660 | EX 663
Goal Score: 780

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.