Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NLUS San Diego alive and well

tag
Wizdog1
Regular Contributor

Re: NLUS San Diego alive and well

Thank you so much for doing that! I am getting PM questions about joining and Creditnewguy did an awesome job with step by step directions on Welcomehomes thread, I sure hope is watching to see all the people he continues to help and that I'm of course am on my best behavior😀 So sorry I meant YoureWelcomes thread!

Message 11 of 1,187
olivegirl
Regular Contributor

I shared your information earlier on credit card approvals forum and it was removed. I receieved an email advising why. I responded and requested information on which forum to post thisinformation. I also explained how I shared the information initially which was in response to a FM looking for a way to join NFCU. The original post grew to 20+ pages until the disgrunteled member posted the the misinformation, then it died and the posting was closed. So all of the FM's who were about to join the SDNL have no way of receiving this updated information, I just so happen to wonder over to the personal fnanances page and found it. I am now going to bow out gracefully, I only tried to help because I have receievd so much help here in the forums. To gain information on a subject thatis vague whcih is why it's best to seek it as you did, instead of shutting  a post down  that' in my opinion is unprofessional. A Few Exceptions; Vulgarity and bullying. 

Message 12 of 1,187
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

Now, please don't make calls or send emails to NFCU or NLUS. If it works for you, then lay low and let others get in (this is a general comment).
BK Discharged 06/02/2016 SCORES AROUND 475

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 13 of 1,187
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Hey everyone! 

I tried to post an update to the original thread and it was rejected. 

After this week, I can confirm that joining NFCU through the Navy League is legitimate to me because I have been getting emails regularly from the Navy League.

I was in the NFCU branch earlier this week, the lady that opened my account came to me while I was in the teller line, she told me that the NFCU verification department asked for a copy of Navy League email. She went on to say everythng is finalized with my  verification.

i just got my checks for the checking account, CLOC checks, and my NFCU cash rewards credit card.  I don't think NFCU would send all that out to me if my membership wasn't legit.

I am thankful to get into NFCU and I encourage everyone to try to join.

Life's a beach!

Guyatthebeach

Message 14 of 1,187
Wizdog1
Regular Contributor

Thank you everyone, you are all doing what the original poster of all this wanted, a real way in to NFCU if you don't otherwise qualify. Just like Sandcat and others have posted, NLUS is a great organization, helps many people as well as allows a legit way into NFCU. I hope YoureWelcome and Creditnewguy are close by, thank you for what you did for so many. Also thank you gdale6 for giving me a chance to redeem myself, I'll be good I promise😬

Message 15 of 1,187
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

TXinandout wrote:
Now, please don't make calls or send emails to NFCU or NLUS. If it works for you, then lay low and let others get in (this is a general comment).

It's a legit way to join and has been since USA Federal merged with Navy back in 2010. Why are people so worried about people contacting Navy Federal and/or Navy League requesting if it's legit? Some people remain skeptical (110% understandable) and just want to hear it straight from the source.

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 16 of 1,187
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

Can't seem to find a website for the Prime Meridian assocation or whatever it is via google, but wonder if that would work as well? (assuming it still exists) Because the email from Navy Federal seems to indicate all the ways to join USA Fed are eligible to join Navy with.

https://web.archive.org/web/20100617050018/http://www.usafed.org/about_us/membership.html

USA Federal Credit Union services the following companies, associations and clubs. To be eligible to join USA Fed, you must meet at least one of the following criteria:

• Company Employee employed by any of the listed companies below or any of our Member Business account holders
  • Active or Retired Military
  • Family Member or Relative of a person in the Credit Union field of membership
  • Spouse of a person in the Credit Union field of membership
  • Member of any listed associations below
  • Officer or Credit Union Volunteer who serve as members of the Board of Directors or the Supervisory Committee
  • Retired Pensioners or Annuitants from any of the listed companies
Companies:
  • Active Duty Military
  • Former Military
  • NASSCO
  • Pechanga
  • Covenant Care
  • Southwest Marine
  • City of Murrieta
  • Elsinore Water District
  • USA Federal Credit Union
Associations:
  • Prime Meridian Association
  • San Diego Navy League
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 17 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I joined Navy Council and sent in my docs last night. Already got my approval email from NFCU. I'm thrilled to be in and to support the Navy in honor of my father who served in WWII. Thanks for the information everyone.
Message 18 of 1,187
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

The Prime Meredian Association was association located in a USA Federal Credit Union office. It's now closed. 

There is a New York Times article about it. I can't copy and paste the link, but it popped up in google. Just google Prime Meredian Assocation New York Times article.

Life's a beach!

Guyatthebeach

Message 19 of 1,187
Wizdog1
Regular Contributor

Guyatthebeach may I ask if your regular checks were free or do you pay for them. I usually order checks that support ASPCA but if they are free....I can just keep my Chase Checks for that. Sorry getting away from topic....thanks

Message 20 of 1,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.