Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NLUS San Diego alive and well

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NLUS San Diego alive and well

@jeffm4688 wrote:

Jumping on the bandwagen here, how did you manage to get into NFCU so quick ?

I applied to NFCU as soon as the charge for the NLUS membership posted on my card statement.  So, roughly two days after joining NLUS I emailed in my application to NFCU in the early morning hours prior to the start of the business day.  I included copies of supporting documentation (drivers license, ss card, nlus welcome email, image capture from my cc online page, phone bill.)  

I got the initial email that my accounts were created before 4:00 pm the same day.  The "Welcome to the Navy Federal Family"  email with instructions on how to fund my accounts arrived just after 12:00 am the next morning. 

Message 41 of 1,187
jeffm4688
Frequent Contributor

I seem to be able to get past the first application page by inputting NCUS-SD in the box (stating that's why i'm applicable) - I am tempted too fill out the app online and submit it as I have supporting documentation but I will hold off a few days I think.

The only thing stopping me from applying on paper is I have no idea where my SS card is, I will have to call and ask if they will take an original birth certificate or something else aside from just Drivers License.

FICO 12/2015 - EX 692 TU 685

FICO 10/2021 - EX 596 TU 605 EQ 600 - officially rebuilding.

What survived:
Amex HH - 1.5K | Amex Delta - 1K | Amex Bonvoy - 1.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex Business Cash- 2K | Amex Business Plus - 2K
Message 42 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Others have submitted a drivers license and passport and were fine.  I would have done so as well, however my passport needs renewed and as such would be unacceptable.  As per previous posts you have to apply by mail, fax, or email if your affiliation is NLUS-SD.

*Note: the online form does look like it has changed recently.  I don't remember seeing the following when I initially looked at it a couple of weeks ago.  Maybe they've gotten tired of handling mailed, faxed, and emailed applications.  Personally, I'd play it safe and still follow YourWelcome's instructions, availabe here:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/Navy-Federal-CU-The-REAL-way-in-for-those-that-dont...

Message 43 of 1,187
jeffm4688
Frequent Contributor

I'm sure they got tired of handling paper applications, I do not have a passport either. I will have to get a replacement Social Security Card.

there was 1 or 2 people in the other thread who stated they got by without providing doc's and I think it's because they filled out the online application form first and then provided proof later...

Regardless, I submitted my app online, by putting "Navy League of the United States - San Diego" in the "other" box in the picture you provided and it took my app without an issue and say's it's pending. I got my welcome e-mail from NLUS saying my member number and pin are on the way and my card has been charged so I can prove everything. Hopefully everything goes smoothly, and I'm sure it will with NFCU's customer service.

FICO 12/2015 - EX 692 TU 685

FICO 10/2021 - EX 596 TU 605 EQ 600 - officially rebuilding.

What survived:
Amex HH - 1.5K | Amex Delta - 1K | Amex Bonvoy - 1.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex Business Cash- 2K | Amex Business Plus - 2K
Message 44 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Speaking of their customer service, I had to call for a very minor reason.  They were awesome!

Message 45 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is amazing to see that this process is still alive and well. I'm so glad to have helped so many. It's so rewarding.
Message 46 of 1,187
Wizdog1
Regular Contributor

We're so glad you are here, thank you, thank you, thank you for helping us all!

Message 47 of 1,187
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

You'reWelcome,

Thanks for joining the thread! I'm very very appreciative of you taking time to post another way to join NFCU. I posted it to any board on here to help folks on the rebuilding board.

Again, thanks!

Life's a beach!

Guyatthebeach

Message 48 of 1,187
NycKid175
New Contributor

So in my case I submitted my Membership Application for the NLUS San Diego on May 22nd, 2016 and exactly 4 weeks later on June 19 (which is today) I received my Welcome Aboard package with my NLUS Membership Card and Pin. I am definitely going to be donating to them in the future thanks to them I have my NFCU account and I am super happy with them thank you Navy League!!! Smiley Happy

Message 49 of 1,187
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

@NycKid175 wrote:

So in my case I submitted my Membership Application for the NLUS San Diego on May 22nd, 2016 and exactly 4 weeks later on June 19 (which is today) I received my Welcome Aboard package with my NLUS Membership Card and Pin. I am definitely going to be donating to them in the future thanks to them I have my NFCU account and I am super happy with them thank you Navy League!!! Smiley Happy

I joined the NLUS on June 3rd. I got my membership kit in yesterday's mail. I did sign into the NLUS website and verified that I'm in the San Diego chapter.

I have my accounts just how I want them at NFCU. I'm waiting for the 30 day  waiting period to pass so I can start using the mobile posit app. 

I joined PenFed and trying to set up accounts.

Life's a beach!

Guyatthebeach

Message 50 of 1,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.