Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NLUS San Diego alive and well

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NLUS San Diego alive and well

steelholder, the only situations I have seen reported here in which someone was rejected to become a Navy Federal Credit Union member are as follows:

1) Did not list San Diego Council on the original Navy League application

2) Very serious and recent outstanding negatives which have not been addressed

3) Unable to provide proof of identity or residence

4) Person did not provide documents requested by Navy Federal

There may be others, but these are the only ones I have seen being reported here.
Message 1081 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, another possible rejection reason would be if someone tries to represent themselves as related to a service member and that person actually was not, or the relationship and/ or documents to show this could not be verified.
Message 1082 of 1,187
steelholder
Regular Contributor

Thanks again. My concern was being turned down for a less then stellar score say high 500s low 600s. I don't have anything recent that's horrible. A little bit aside from the subject but are there records of people being denied for a secured cc once a member?
Message 1083 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal is usually pretty great to its members, but I have no knowledge of their practices with secured cards.

Best to search "nfcu secured card" on the myfico threads and others should have some helpful answers for you within those threads.

Good luck. Smiley Happy
Message 1084 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Joined NLUS- San Diego chapter on 3/15/17, then faxed over the welcome email from NLUS along with my NFCU app and ID docs the same day.  Aaaaaand I just got my welcome email from NFCU tonight!!! Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy It took a bit of patience but the turn around time was about 2 weeks total from faxing the docs to receiving my welcome email. Definitely worth the wait! So thankful to everyone in the myFICO community! Just look at how much we've accomplished together! I wouldn't have been able to do this without your guidance. For anyone who may be wondering if this channel into NFCU is still open, it absolutely is! Go for it! Oh happy day!!Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Message 1085 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Joined NLUS- San Diego chapter on 3/15/17, then faxed over the welcome email from NLUS along with my NFCU app and ID docs the same day.  Aaaaaand I just got my welcome email from NFCU tonight!!! Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy It took a bit of patience but the turn around time was about 2 weeks total from faxing the docs to receiving my welcome email. Definitely worth the wait! So thankful to everyone in the myFICO community! Just look at how much we've accomplished together! I wouldn't have been able to do this without your guidance. For anyone who may be wondering if this channel into NFCU is still open, it absolutely is! Go for it! Oh happy day!!Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Welcome to NFCU as a new member! They are fantastic to work with as a credit union. Smiley Happy

I always encourage people to follow the excellent advice that UncleB had provided some time ago: complete the membership process with NFCU via snail mail for the fastest and most trouble-free result.

I'm glad that faxing worked out for you, but for many people who have faxed or emailed documents to NFCU, there have been quite a lot of situations where information was lost and the person had to re-fax it 2 or 3 times, or had to send multiple emails with the same information. It also extended the application process quite a bit via faxing or e-mailing information, due to the backlogs that Navy Federal often experiences during busy periods.

People have thus far reported very smooth sailing via using the snail mail method to apply for NFCU membership, and I second UncleB in recommending this method to others going forward. 

Enjoy your new membership! Smiley Happy

Message 1086 of 1,187
steelholder
Regular Contributor

I sent my papers via snail mail this morning. I didn't send copies of my id or social just yet. I sent 5 dollars in cash as the application requested(didn't specify how to send). Hoping for a positive outcome.
Message 1087 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@steelholder wrote:
I sent my papers via snail mail this morning. I didn't send copies of my id or social just yet. I sent 5 dollars in cash as the application requested(didn't specify how to send). Hoping for a positive outcome.

5 dollars in cash?  

Here is the NFCU membership application that can be mailed in, but I'm not seeing anything about a $5 cash amount

https://www.navyfederal.org/pdf/applications-forms/NFCU97.pdf

If you are referring to the initial account deposit, I'm not exactly sure why you would send them cash at this point.

You will want to follow the procedure listed at the beginning of this thread closely as suggested to avoid any potential issues. Smiley Happy

I'd also suggest calling Navy Federal with any specific questions you may have. Good luck. 

Message 1088 of 1,187
steelholder
Regular Contributor

Second page all the way in the bottom.

Message 1089 of 1,187
steelholder
Regular Contributor

Didn't specify cash,  couldn't find a check. I know it's far from ideal but I didn't want to give them a tarragon to reject me.

Message 1090 of 1,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.