Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NLUS San Diego alive and well

tag
Glen_M
Frequent Contributor

Re: NLUS San Diego alive and well

@Anonymous wrote:

How are you guys filling out section B. Membership Eligibility on the NFCU app, where are you writting San Diego? Sorry for the stupid question

Here's what I did for sections B-C-D.  Not much there.

BCD crop.png

I was expecting them to want to verify something, address, get the member # for NLUS, something.  But they never asked.

Message 1171 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Glen_M wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How are you guys filling out section B. Membership Eligibility on the NFCU app, where are you writting San Diego? Sorry for the stupid question

Here's what I did for sections B-C-D.  Not much there.

BCD crop.png

I was expecting them to want to verify something, address, get the member # for NLUS, something.  But they never asked.

Thanks for taking the time, I wasn't sure about section C either I was guessing "Navy" because of the membership

Message 1172 of 1,187
lamplight2012
Frequent Contributor

Just to let everyone know, I'm finally a member of NFCU with Checking/Saving. Now, I want to get a NFCU CC as my third card, but don't know which one to pick.

This process is slow, but works! I did my app online.

Thanks!

Experian: 693 | Transunion: 700 | Equifax: 690 | Utilization 4 %

EX: 5 | TU: 8 | EQ: 7
Message 1173 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nfcu Eligibility seems solid with this navy league sandiego council membership however do we need to keep renewing NLus sandiego membership every year in order to maintain NFCU membership? Can Navy FCU refuse elgibility  if after an year you are not a member of navy league Sandiego?

Message 1174 of 1,187
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nfcu Eligibility seems solid with this navy league sandiego council membership however do we need to keep renewing NLus sandiego membership every year in order to maintain NFCU membership? Can Navy FCU refuse elgibility  if after an year you are not a member of navy league Sandiego?

No. From their FAQs:

Q: If I leave your field of membership, will I have to close my Navy Federal accounts?
A: No, once you've joined, you can remain a member as long as you have active accounts

Makes sense, if you join as active service military they're not going to make you close your accounts when you retire or are discharged. And they really have no way of knowing if you are no longer active duty military, or don't renew Navy League San Diego membership.

Message 1175 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! Thanks for the info. Smiley Happy

Message 1176 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I applied to the Navy League, San Diego Chapter, on 05/02/2017. Applied for membership with Navy Federal on 05/10/2017, got the auto response of "please allow up to two business days for us to process". I called today on 05/12/2017 and spoke with the first rep and she stated that they got an email today that the Navy League no longer qualifies for membership. I called back and spoke with another rep and she stated "an hour ago she got an email stating they no longer accept the Navy League", she reached out to another dept. that she said she could try since I submitted it before the cut off, but when she got back she stated they wont push the membership through.

Bummer

Message 1177 of 1,187
baller4life
Super Contributor

FB_IMG_1494622101952.jpg

SAD SAD DAY!!!!! 😢😢😢😢

Message 1178 of 1,187
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

I got lucky.  I submitted my app on 4/21 and I was accepted.  Crazy.

Message 1179 of 1,187
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yep you got lucky. I can't say I didn't see this coming. I'm honestly surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Message 1180 of 1,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.