Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy CLOC Approval

tag
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

Navy CLOC Approval

Tried for $2500 and they countered at $500 as I expected they would.  I realize some might find this to be a waste of a HP.  I had planned to attempt a double dip on the CLOC with a car loan in January, but with COVID I'm working from home so my car doesn't need to be replaced until probably 2022.  I wanted the CLOC just as a safety for my checking.  I've been keeping 500-1000 in a NFCU savings account, but I'd much rather put those funds where they can earn some small amount of return.  So, this seemed like a good step for me at this time.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Navy CLOC Approval

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 11
Irv02
Established Contributor

@recoveringfrombk7 Congratulations on your CLOC approval!!!

Message 3 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@recoveringfrombk7, Congrats on your approval.

I started out with $500.00 .. took (2) more Hp's to get to $15K after about a year.

Too bad they do not let you add a credit card as overdraft.

CLOC rates are pretty steep, but if it saves a bounced payment ... well worth it.

Message 4 of 11
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

I started out with $500.00 .. took (2) more Hp's to get to $15K after about a year.

CLOC rates are pretty steep, but if it saves a bounced payment ... well worth it.

@M_Smart007 it would just be a day or two tops if I needed to move money.  Thankfully things are really stable for me at present, but I also like to keep my daily accounts at low balances and have the bulk of my money elsewhere.  So, it solves a need.  I really only have 1, or worst case 2, apps max left before 2023 and they are both with Navy.  So I felt like I might as well start the CLOC CLOCK now haha.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 5 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@recoveringfrombk7 wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@M_Smart007 it would just be a day or two tops if I needed to move money.  Thankfully things are really stable for me at present, but I also like to keep my daily accounts at low balances and have the bulk of my money elsewhere.  So, it solves a need.  I really only have 1, or worst case 2, apps max left before 2023 and they are both with Navy.  So I felt like I might as well start the CLOC CLOCK now haha.

@recoveringfrombk7, I understand keeping the bulk of money in other places.

I mostly Use US Bank to pay my CC's. I have (2) credit cards tied as overdraft protection totalling a little over $25K.

I keep some Money at Chase, as a back up, I can do instant real time transfers to US Bank.

I have found this method to be the best case scenario for Me.

Usually keep at least $10K in Schwab HYSA for ACH purposes. (as a back up)

Most of my CU and bank accounts are linked.

edited: not enough coffee in the worls right now

Message 6 of 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats on your approval! For future reference though, when asking Navy for CLOC, always ask for max ($15K), they will counter your real approval if any. Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 11
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Congrats on your approval! For future reference though, when asking Navy for CLOC, always ask for max ($15K), they will counter your real approval if any. Smiley Wink

@pizza1 I have not seen any recently for more than $500.  I tried $2500 but no dice.  

How long before a CLI request?  6 months?  I don't mind the HP.

Message 8 of 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@recoveringfrombk7 wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@pizza1 I have not seen any recently for more than $500.  I tried $2500 but no dice.  

How long before a CLI request?  6 months?  I don't mind the HP.

I would wait 6 months

Message 9 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

I agree on waiting 6 months.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.