Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed CU -- hard pull to join?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Fed CU -- hard pull to join?

+1 @ B 1 G

A bit late to this shindig, but I joined NFCU today, and received the same information from a credit analyst (via chat) that you received back in September. SP for joining via any checking and savings products. HP if any credit resources are requested. SP is EQ. TU for any HP.

I joined with a Savings Account only to start, and no alerts or notifications from TU--or anyone else for that matter.
Message 41 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

An alert can some times take up to three business days to materialize.  And today is a federal holiday (see the list of federal holidays in which the USPS is closed).

Could you check your reports in a week and confirm that there are no inquiries on any of the three from Navy?

Message 42 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

I joined about 60 days or so ago...maybe a little more.  No HP for membership or savings.  I did not open a checking account at the time.

Message 43 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely! Although, it looks like poster overmedicated has a pretty good DP as well.
Message 44 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately one person doesn't settle it because we have so many people with conflicting reports.  The more people with the more detailed case studies the better.

Message 45 of 58
creditfan
Established Contributor

helped uncle open a saving account online on 10/25

checked creditkamar no HP

Message 46 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just recently applied like 3 days ago but can't verify my identity.  Checked CK and no HP on both TU and EQ.  Just went to the closest branch to have it verified and getting my checking account with them.  No HP on CK and no HP from them after checking my report for EX.  Pretty much SP on mine.

Message 47 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

I joined recently online and I don't think I got a HP for saving/checking accounts.

I applied early last month. They requested ID and proof of address. About a week later I got a welcome email but no account number or anything. So I waited 4 days before calling to set up online banking. Then I applied for a cashRewards card and thats the day I got hit with the TU hard pull.

Message 48 of 58
_NERD
Established Contributor

I wonder,

Is it possible to just put freezes on my 3B & then apply for a NFCU savings/checking account? That way if it’s a SP you’re in, and if it’s a HP you’re not getting in?

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 49 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@_NERD wrote:
I wonder,

Is it possible to just put freezes on my 3B & then apply for a NFCU savings/checking account? That way if it’s a SP you’re in, and if it’s a HP you’re not getting in?

Nerd,

1. We're not allow to discuss using credit freeze or lock to influence or manipulate lender credit pulls.

2. Unless you already have existing relationship with Navy, SP will still require unfreezing.

Message 50 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.