Navy Fed CU -- hard pull to join?

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Navy Fed CU -- hard pull to join?

@Anonymous wrote:

@_NERD wrote:
I wonder,

Is it possible to just put freezes on my 3B & then apply for a NFCU savings/checking account? That way if it’s a SP you’re in, and if it’s a HP you’re not getting in?

Nerd,

1. We're not allow to discuss using credit freeze or lock to influence or manipulate lender credit pulls.

2. Unless you already have existing relationship with Navy, SP will still require unfreezing.

Yeah, we can't discuss freezing to force a lender to check an alternative bureau, but the admins/legal have said it's fine to discuss freezing all the bureaus (since that's not playing favorites).  It's a weird nuance. Smiley Frustrated

I agree with @Anonymous, though, that it's probably not going to work.  They definitely do a SP check your identity, and I don't think that will work through a freeze.

Message 51 of 58
_NERD
Established Contributor

@Oldman and @UncleB: thanks I didn’t know that. Never to be brought up again.

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 52 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a bit late but when I joined Navy in September, I didn’t have a HP to join, just a HP for the card (TU). 

Message 53 of 58
pmanock
New Visitor

I joined today  over the phone made a point to inquire about a hard pull for jus t opening a checking and savings account   she said there was no hard pull   I opened a checking and savings and no hard pull at all 

Probably be good for anyone wanting this credit union to open over the phone and make sure you get them to say no hard pull before you even apply

Take care

Message 54 of 58
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@pmanock wrote:

I joined today  over the phone made a point to inquire about a hard pull for jus t opening a checking and savings account   she said there was no hard pull   I opened a checking and savings and no hard pull at all 

Probably be good for anyone wanting this credit union to open over the phone and make sure you get them to say no hard pull before you even apply

Take care

Thank you.

I've been a member for a while, have 2 cards and a savings.

I've been wanting to open a checking to get 2%  instead of the 1.5% on my PCR card.

This helps me a LOT!

give_daisies.gif

Message 55 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

@pmanock wrote:

Take care

Thank you.

I've been wanting to open a checking to get 2%  instead of the 1.5% on my PCR card.

This helps me a LOT!

give_daisies.gif

pika pika, that's PenFed not Navy. Smiley Tongue

Message 56 of 58
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

@pmanock wrote:

Take care

Thank you.

This helps me a LOT!

give_daisies.gif

pika pika, that's PenFed not Navy. Smiley Tongue

Oh my stars!!  Facepalm.gif

You're right!

Sheesh I need more coffee..

Thank you- you probably saved me HP. 0000whew.gif

0You'reTheBest.gif  Thank YOU! 

I have both and IDK why but I'm forever mixing them up. Dope! 

Message 57 of 58
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Any other feedback for a hard or SP to join? It looks like things are leaning towards it being a SP.

Two other questions, if it was a HP, would I still receive one if I don't meet the membership requirements? And when it comes to their credit cards, I believe I've read they usually provide decent starting limits and CLIs. I haven't researched them lately but I remember seeing people happy about the numbers they were seeing. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 58 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.