Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed CU -- hard pull to join?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Fed CU -- hard pull to join?

I know I am late to the party on this one, but I joined last night, and there was no hard pull. I did it all online, live in FL, and was eligible as a DoD contractor and an Army Veteren. I hope this helps anyone looking for any info!

Message 11 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

I joined on Friday, HP TU for membership, HP TU for Cash Rewards CC and HP EQ for cloc 😅
Message 12 of 58
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I joined on Friday, HP TU for membership, HP TU for Cash Rewards CC and HP EQ for cloc 😅

You're the first person to report a HP for membership in months... are you sure there was a HP just for your membership?

Message 13 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually you’re correct, I just looked at my alerts and I got a HP from TU on the 28th and HP on EQ on the 30th. Then today my TU took a -19 point drop, I misread and thought that was a HP as well.
Message 14 of 58
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Actually you’re correct, I just looked at my alerts and I got a HP from TU on the 28th and HP on EQ on the 30th. Then today my TU took a -19 point drop, I misread and thought that was a HP as well.

Thanks for the follow-up... it's good to hear that hasn't changed!  Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 58
Flex1
Regular Contributor

I just joined and it was a hard pull. Just basic checking. I'll call customer service tomorrow. I have never heard of a hard pull just for a membership and checking account. No lines of credit applied for etc... I'll keep you posted. 

Message 16 of 58
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Flex1 wrote:

I just joined and it was a hard pull. Just basic checking. I'll call customer service tomorrow. I have never heard of a hard pull just for a membership and checking account. No lines of credit applied for etc... I'll keep you posted. 

I had a hard pull in May, when I joined. With Navy, you should expect a hard pull and be happy if it isn't with everything.

Message 17 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

When DW and I joined is was sp. That was I think in April.  The only hp was our car loan  a few weeks later.  They pulled equifax  for car loan. 

We do not have any navy credit cards.  We do have savings and checking with them

Message 18 of 58
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When DW and I joined is was sp. That was I think in April.  The only hp was our car loan  a few weeks later.  They pulled equifax  for car loan. 

We do not have any navy credit cards.  We do have savings and checking with them

LOLWUT!?!   B uou need to get your Navy cc grind onSmiley Happy  Thats like having access to  a great burger and no drinking it down with a great CokeSmiley Wink ( or whatever floats your boatSmiley Happy )

Message 19 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

LOLWUT!?!   B uou need to get your Navy cc grind onSmiley Happy  Thats like having access to  a great burger and no drinking it down with a great CokeSmiley Wink ( or whatever floats your boatSmiley Happy )

We really don't need the card. We hardly ever carry a balance. DW Amex BCP an interest rate on it of 13.xx%  with a 15K limit. She also has an Amex Magnet with 10K with a 0% promo I also talked the oracle at the Disco temple with 14K limit to keep ofering us 2% 11 month bt's . 

Wednesday I am bt  our IRS bill from Citi DC to Disco.  I have DW Bosch oven  on the Amex Magnet with 0%  for 12 months.  Because sometimes we can go 60 days between paydays we tend to keep low balances on cards  and more cash on hand than most people. 

If we had a regular job I probably would get a Navy Card.  Dw wants more of the roof redone.  Last year we replaced a big portion of shingles with tin and now she wants to finish that out.  They only take cash.       

Message 20 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.