cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed CU

tag
dc45t

Navy Fed CU

I've been following forum posts for a few months now and have gained so much insight into credit, banking, and overall money matters.  I was intrigued with all the posts on Navy Fed and how they go over and beyond for their members.  I've been retired for 25 years now and have had the same bank and credit union for ages and really thought that they were doing well for me.  Curiosity got the better of me though and yesterday I opened a Navy Fed savings account online.  This morning I wanted to do a bit of research on their website but couldn't remember my login credentials.  Finally, I called Navy Fed and was helped by the most outstanding CR you could ever imagine.  She quickly verified my identity and sent me my login info in an email.  Her help didn't end there, however.  She went on to tell me about just a few of the services Navy Fed offers, including round the clock, 365 days a year, customer service availability.  "We have members all over the world and need to be here when they have questions," was her explanation. 

I was certainly impressed just from the one phone call!  I went on to explore Navy Fed services and decided to take the risk of applying for a credit card.  Since, for whatever reason, they had pulled a CR just for opening my savings account, I felt the hard pull could serve the dual purpose of possibly getting a card through them.  Not that I needed one, but just to see...

I was instantly approved for $23500 without a single hitch.  Incredible, as I've been rebuilding my credit and my largest card is $1000 at present through Cap 1!!!

Consider myself a convert - Navy Fed has my business!!  You are never too old to learn new things.  Thank you to all the posters in the forum who have shared good and maybe not so good stories of money & credit.  You all help others so very much - I am grateful.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Fed CU

Congrats on your approval! I joined NFCU last year and couldn't be happier. 

Message 2 of 4
Glen_M
Frequent Contributor

@dc45t wrote:

...  I've been retired for 25 years now and have had the same bank and credit union for ages and really thought that they were doing well for me.  Curiosity got the better of me though and yesterday I opened a Navy Fed savings account online. ... I called Navy Fed and was helped by the most outstanding CR you could ever imagine. ... "We have members all over the world and need to be here when they have questions," was her explanation. 

I was instantly approved for $23500 without a single hitch.  Incredible, as I've been rebuilding my credit and my largest card is $1000 at present through Cap 1!!!

Consider myself a convert - Navy Fed has my business!!  You are never too old to learn new things.  Thank you to all the posters in the forum who have shared good and maybe not so good stories of money & credit.  You all help others so very much - I am grateful.

Congratulations, that's a great way to start off with them.

I've had a long history with a local CU too, but the wide array of services, and ease of access through online and round the clock support really makes a huge difference with NFCU.

Message 3 of 4
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

Welcome to myFico.  That's an awesome way to start with Navy!  Congrats on the GREAT CL!! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.