Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed? Here’s a puzzle for you

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Fed? Here’s a puzzle for you

I appreciate all the responses. I’m going to wait a bit because I’d like to get one of their cards but I want to improve my score a bit more. Thanks for all the input.
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I appreciate all the responses. I’m going to wait a bit because I’d like to get one of their cards but I want to improve my score a bit more. Thanks for all the input.

@Anonymous You are overthinking things.  You can always open membership now and put $5 in your Share Savings account, then apply for credit product(s) later...that way you will begin building your internal score with Navy.  You never know when changes will happen so its always better to act as soon as opportunities are available.

Message 12 of 16
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous You are overthinking things.  You can always open membership now and put $5 in your Share Savings account, then apply for credit product(s) later...that way you will begin building your internal score with Navy.  You never know when changes will happen so its always better to act as soon as opportunities are available.

My sentiments exactly. Go for it. You'll be okay. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Listen, I hate to tell you, but if you are adopted, legally you have no recognizable legal relationship with your bio-family by law.

With that said, Navy isn't gonna care. Just call and join and tell them your gf was in the army. NO ADOPTION TALK. Besides, everyone has 3 grandfathers with different names! Smiley Happy.

Go for it; don't wait!
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Listen, I hate to tell you, but if you are adopted, legally you have no recognizable legal relationship with your bio-family by law.

With that said, Navy isn't gonna care. Just call and join and tell them your gf was in the army. NO ADOPTION TALK. Besides, everyone has 3 grandfathers with different names! Smiley Happy.

Go for it; don't wait!

^^^^^^^^^^ This and all the above.  If you can supply his membership number, name and current address, you'll most likely be fine. As said, NO adoption talk!  NFCU (Navy) is very well worth it. Hope you see all these and at least go for membership while you're able. If they have to I'm sure they can contact your grandfather for confirmation he gave you his member number. Ask him not to bring up adoption as well, they have a lot of respect for Military.  Treat them (NFCU) well and you will never regret getting in with them.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

All you need is the DD-214. Get that and walk in the door and you will be fine.

He served in WWII, so we don't know if he is alive or a member. OP? Doesn't matter either way. You don't need his Access#, even if he was a member.

ALL you need is the DD-214 and you may not need that...that's only if you get someone very picky and his name won't come up in the computer. They want name and branch.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.