cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed eligibility via family member who obtained eligibility through Navy League San Diego

tag
minski
Established Contributor

Navy Fed eligibility via family member who obtained eligibility through Navy League San Diego

Just wondering if a family member in same household can obtain eligiblity via someone who was eligible through Navy League San Diego. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Navy Fed eligibility via family member who obtained eligibility through Navy League San Diego

@minski wrote:

Just wondering if a family member in same household can obtain eligiblity via someone who was eligible through Navy League San Diego. 

Yes the fact that your family member is a member of NFCU, in and of itself makes you eligible.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 10
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Fed eligibility via family member who obtained eligibility through Navy League San Diego

I joined NFCU through the my membership with the Navy League back in 2016. My mom and brother both joined Navy Federal with just my access number at different branches with no problems at all. My mom was been a member for a about a year and she has a checking, savings, and credit card. My brother has checking and savings accounts, credit card, and car loan with them and joined in December. 

Both of them did take a copy of my birth certificate to prove that we are all related just in verification needed it. Neither of them did. 

Guyatthebeach

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If i get Navy League membership I can become NFCU member? I dont qualify for NFCU directly.

Message 4 of 10
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Itduzz, 

Unfortunately you can’t join NFCU using the Navy League. The credit union stopped that method last year. 

Guyatthebeach 

Message 5 of 10
minski
Established Contributor

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

I joined NFCU through the my membership with the Navy League back in 2016. My mom and brother both joined Navy Federal with just my access number at different branches with no problems at all. My mom was been a member for a about a year and she has a checking, savings, and credit card. My brother has checking and savings accounts, credit card, and car loan with them and joined in December. 

Both of them did take a copy of my birth certificate to prove that we are all related just in verification needed it. Neither of them did. 

Guyatthebeach

Revisiting this topic because I was thinking about signing my sister up for Navy Fed; however, the online application requires you to list how your sponsor is affiliated and none of the options are Navy League. There are no open branches nearby (I believe nearest one is still miles away and requires you to have military access...). Has anyone signed a family member up via online?

Message 6 of 10
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@minski wrote:

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

Guyatthebeach

Revisiting this topic because I was thinking about signing my sister up for Navy Fed; however, the online application requires you to list how your sponsor is affiliated and none of the options are Navy League. There are no open branches nearby (I believe nearest one is still miles away and requires you to have military access...). Has anyone signed a family member up via online?

Message 7 of 10
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Minski,

No one is able to join NFCU using the Navy League or BAE method anymore. Navy Federal discontinued the method back in 2017.  They have changed their pool of member. You can join if you have an immediate family member that is a vet.  

Hope me this helps.

Guyatthebeach

Message 8 of 10
creditfan
Established Contributor

@minski wrote:

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

Guyatthebeach

if you're a member of nfcu, you can sponsor your sister directly

Message 9 of 10
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

Call them.  Took me all of about 15 minutes to get accounts set up for my kids there.  And five minutes for my wife to set up her own account.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.