cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal CU - The REAL way in for those that dont qualify.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal CU - The REAL way in for those that dont qualify.

Note:  This method of joining NFCU is no longer applicable as of May 2017.

The thread is locked and will remain on the forum for historical purposes, but this information is outdated and no longer applies.

I heard it from a few others offline.  And had to verify it for myself, and its real.  So here goes.

Not just joining the navy league, but joining the San Diego Chapter of the Navy League makes you eligible for membership into NFCU.  Call for yourselves and verify.  Thanks to the person that passed this info along.  

https://join.navyleague.org/wordpress/membership-form/

And just to be clear.....ONLY ONLY ONLY the San Diego Chapter (which anyone, anywhere can join), qualifies you for membership.  Not any other city's chapter.  When signing up for the navy league, you must specify that you want to be added to the SD chapter.  Its $25 to join.  Then you HAVE TO print out the membership app from the NFCU site and hand write it up.  Then you must either fax or email it to NFCU along with your confirmation email from navy league and copies of two forms of ID.  The email address is membershipdocs@navyfederal.org

Takes about a week to process.  You can call for status.  

This is what everyone has been waiting for, and it works.  Plus its noble donating to the navy league even if just for that one reason.

Thanks to the person that shared this with my group of friends.

That is all.  Oh and enjoy.

-YoureWelcome

Oh and the obligatory "Your Mileage May Vary", Dont shoot the messenger, use at your own risk, Im not liable for your gains or losses or whatever else.....

Message 1 of 216
215 REPLIES 215
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal CU - The REAL way in for those that dont qualify.

Nice!  Good chance for those that couldn't find a sponser to get it.

Message 2 of 216
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting information. I'll definitely be watching this thread, hoping for some results to be posted.

Message 3 of 216
Anonymous
Not applicable

Watching it also.. Interesting info. Thanks for sharing..

Message 4 of 216
Anonymous
Not applicable

Watching as well, though it sounds too good to be true.  i hope it works!

Message 5 of 216
Anonymous
Not applicable

This method worked for me.  I used it a few weeks ago, and did get in.  Im so glad too.  There was literally no other way to get in.  Thank you to those that shared this.  I cant believe its not more common knowledge.

Message 6 of 216
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This method worked for me.  I used it a few weeks ago, and did get in.  Im so glad too.  There was literally no other way to get in.  Thank you to those that shared this.  I cant believe its not more common knowledge.

Thanks for the data point. Which products did you get?

Message 7 of 216
Anonymous
Not applicable

just took the checking and savings so far.  Havent apped for anything yet, but I want to do the cash rewards.  My Scores are low because of high utilization, but once they update, they will come up.  Then I'll app.

Message 8 of 216
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Joining is easy.  Surviving the verification check a couple months after joining isn't so easy.... 

Message 9 of 216
Anonymous
Not applicable

You would be correct if you used some dishonest way in.  But this is completely legit.  I called myself and spoke to a rep in the membership department.  She verified that all this is completely correct.  I took the gamble, and there were no issues getting in.  

If you have your doubts, call and ask them if joining the San Diego Navy league qualifies you for membership.  Then come back here and post what they said.

Message 10 of 216
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.