Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Pull For Membership

tag
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Pull For Membership

Thank you @Traveler101 ...that answered the other part of my question. Now I just need to give them a call. I appreciate your answer.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 11 of 21
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Rebuild2019 wrote:
I want to open a savings. I really don’t need another checking. @Brian_Earl_Spilner did you get a CC when you joined or just the membership?

I got my cash rewards 15 minutes after opening my account so it was a double pull. One for membership and one for the card.

Message 12 of 21
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Thank you @Brian_Earl_Spilner

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan

Message 13 of 21
Traveler101
Established Contributor

I think I would call them and question the double pull. The csr made it perfectly clear on the phone, to join like I did and open a savings was no hp. I did get a hp when applied for cc 3 months later.
Message 14 of 21
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Thank you @Traveler101

Message 15 of 21
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@Rebuild he isn't deceased so this won't work for me Smiley Sad      But thank you for letting me know Smiley Happy      I will just ask and hopefully he doesn't take it the wrong way XD

Message 16 of 21
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Traveler101 wrote:
I think I would call them and question the double pull. The csr made it perfectly clear on the phone, to join like I did and open a savings was no hp. I did get a hp when applied for cc 3 months later.

While it's commonly thought to be soft pull, they will hard pull occasionally. In credit, one should always assume a HP and be happy if it's SP. You don't know if the csr is up to date on procedures or just didn't know what they're talking about. They also didn't use the same pull for cloc and auto like everyone said they would. It was a double pull for that as well.

Message 17 of 21
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner thank you. This gives me an idea of what I should be prepared for in applying for membership. I hopefully can get my foot in the door.

Thanks everyone for all your input. I didn’t want to call thinking one thing and be caught off guard. This is a big help to me.

Message 18 of 21
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Rebuild, if you have 10 min, give navy a call. They are super to deal with. when I opened my savings about 4.5 months ago, I funded the savings using my cap1 quick silver for 5.00. Dont beat yourself up over it. Its a fast simple and easy process. The reps are nice. They will tell you any apps for cc, cloc, or any credit related product is a hp, to join sp. Ask em. I just had a coworker join and while hes not on this forum, hes thrilled with a 20k line he apped for. Of course, that was a hp. He was convinced and waited months to get the nerve to apply. Let us know how it goes. But do, stop worrying, and call em.
Message 19 of 21
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

@Traveler101 you were correct. I am not a NFCU member!!! Took about 20 minutes. The rep was great. I opened a savings. So no hard pull was done and yes I am very happy. My dad would be happy to know I had benefited from his service.

Thanks guys!!
😀

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.