Not applicable

Re: Navy League back doors

Meh. 

Message 12 of 16
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Now that NFCU is not recognizing Navy League San Diego are there any other benefits available? I'm going to try using my membership for a military discount at outback but I was thinking there must be more benefits I'm entitled to. Maybe discount airfares or theme park tickets for the holiday weekend? Feel free to add any suggestions.

You still get all the benefits and perks of your Navy League. You can join PENFED instead of NCFU. If you have decent credit, you will get some excellent rates.  

Just remember a Navy League membership is not a true military discount, which is earned through military service to our country.

By the way, thank you to everyone that made the ultimate sacrifice to protect our country and defend our rights. Happy Memorial Day.

Guyatthebeach

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can join NFCU if someone in your family (even deceased) was in the military or with someone residing in your household who has been in the military. I joined at the beginning of June. My father is deceased. I told them I had his DD214. I haven't been asked for them.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Now that NFCU is not recognizing Navy League San Diego are there any other benefits available? I'm going to try using my membership for a military discount at outback but I was thinking there must be more benefits I'm entitled to. Maybe discount airfares or theme park tickets for the holiday weekend? Feel free to add any suggestions.

You're not entitled to any military discounts unless you're a vet or currently on active duty. The only thing I could think of as another benefit via the Navy League membership is PenFed. Usually for discounts at restaurants, they'd ask for a military ID, DD214, or any form of ID that verifies your service. Even online vendors that offer military discounts have a verification process.

Message 15 of 16
Subexistence
Established Contributor

Would marrying someone for membership be considered gold-digging?

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.