Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New blog article: 4 Easy Budgeting Systems to Try for Financial Literacy Month

tag
Elizabeth_FICO
myFICO Employee

New blog article: 4 Easy Budgeting Systems to Try for Financial Literacy Month

Hello everyone! If there's a new blog article that I think you guys might like I plan on posting it in the Forums.

This week's article is: 4 Easy Budgeting Systems to Try for Financial Literacy Month

Let me know what you think about the article.

For more content don't forget to check out our blog.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New blog article: 4 Easy Budgeting Systems to Try for Financial Literacy Month

I use "pay yourself first" budgeting. $300 (19%) of my check goes immediately to savings or ABLE each month, I pay down my bills after that, then I'm allowed to spend whatever is left but I try to spend as little as possible and then dump the rest into savings too. My goal is $500 total each month but being a low income person, even being able to do that $300 is more than most in my position can do so I don't beat myself up about it. 

Message 2 of 3
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: New blog article: 4 Easy Budgeting Systems to Try for Financial Literacy Month

This is a pretty good article!   I like the explanations of the budgeting system.

I use a combo - pay myself first (by splitting my direct deposit, so a chunk goes to saving), and then a digital envelope/zero based system (ynab).    I always tell people they have to figure out what works best for them - I tried various budgeting systems to no avail before settling on what would help me stay in line the most.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.