cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New blog article: Is Pet Insurance Worth It?

tag
Elizabeth_FICO
myFICO Employee

New blog article: Is Pet Insurance Worth It?

Hello everyone! If there's a new blog article that I think you guys might like I plan on posting it in the Forums.

This week's article is: Is Pet Insurance Worth It?

Let me know what you think about the article.

For more content don't forget to check out our blog.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: New blog article: Is Pet Insurance Worth It?

It's a good general article on the subject and gives a good introduction to the ins and outs of pet insurance. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 4
calyx
Super Contributor

I really liked that the article mentioned just setting money aside.

I (generally) do not carry pet insurance because studies have shown that /most/ of the time you'll get back about the same amount you put in (obviously catastrophic accidents skew that), so I set aside $200/month in a HYSA straight from my check.   I try to pay all of my vet bills from my general funds, but I have that e-fund just for them and it's worked out well.   

I do carry pet insurance now for one of my boneheads (work has a great policy offered), because she likes to eat fabric and I feel like she's a (FBO) waiting to happen.  So far the three times we've gotten her to the vet, it's not taken a surgery, but I'm not confident we'll always be that lucky.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 3 of 4
ambivalent
Established Contributor

Very nice article.  We started a policy on our dog when he was a puppy. He has had to have a couple of surgeries and several ER visits that were covered, saving us thousands of dollars (including the physical therapy needed after surgery).  The policy we have is pricey, but it is so worth it to us.  

Aiming for 700 across FICO 8 and $150K TCL
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.