Community Leader
Senior Contributor

News article- BOA lost a check

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
dmFICO8
Regular Contributor

Re: News article- BOA lost a check

If you deposit anything, doesn't the teller give a receipt to show the new balance or the transactions just performed? And there will be a pending transcation. How is that the transaction can't be traced?

Nevermind, I missed the lines at the bottom, he did show the receipt.

Message 2 of 6
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

Panic time.

https://abc7news.com/bank-of-america-bofa-loses-check-deposit-lost-transfer-money/11530499/

Wow, just wow. What an eye-opener. Thanks so much for sharing. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 6
GApeachy
Super Contributor

"BofA tells us the problem arose because the cashier's check was made out to Bank of America, not Leonard, and it "delayed the process."

I've never had a CC made out to the bank (any FI) eta: that I remember.  I thought it was made out to me, iirc.   Is it normal to have a CC made out to an FI instead of the owner of the checking acct. it's deposited into?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy

Going back in time ... it was common to put the name of the financial on the check ... cannot remember the why however. Also, I am talking back in the "good ole days" ... ???
Message 5 of 6
wasCB14
Super Contributor

That's why I like mobile deposit. The check stays in my possession until the funds are in my account.

And some institutions will accept large checks that way.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.