Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non gardening thoughts...

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Non gardening thoughts...

Do you have any business CCs? You could always take some of those balances off the radar. Where utilization doesn't matter.

I agree with others. Maybe chill for a while. US bank comes to mind as a TU puller. They are quite conservative with SLs though, at least with me. Not sure how much you want to move?

I took a chance and apped for a business CC with them two days ago, approved today. I've noticed they are giving promotional 0% BTs on several cards.
Just something to think about.
Message 11 of 26
tcbofade
Super Contributor

No business CCs.

The two remaining interest bearing accounts are both just under $5k, and at 17.something APR.

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 12 of 26
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

No business CCs.

The two remaining interest bearing accounts are both just under $5k, and at 17.something APR.

Well maybe it's time to cross over.😁

Amex is generous with business CCs, though not a TU puller.

During the US bank apps, you are asked if you want to BT. I'm guessing they will hand out more to those that do a transfer from the very start.

You get a HP ding..maybe.. but no new account ding.

I'm a poster child for new accounts. Surprised they approved me really.

The UW is located in Minnesota not Nebraska, like the personal CCs.

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would hold steady and no new apps. You have made great progress. I would just work on those two and wait for the perfect offer. 

Message 14 of 26
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

From my conversation with the Loan Officer, PenFed will try to move mountains for balance transfers.  You may be pleasantly surprised, even if it does involve a reconsideration to get the line you may want or need.  Not pressuring you into it, and unless the APRs and balances are pretty high on those last 2 I'd likely just chill - but I just looked and every single card but Promise has 0% for 12 months with a 3% fee; Promise has 4.99% with no fee.  There are also unlisted affinity cards that offer different terms; if you think you might be eligible for one of those groups I can try to find the page for you again.

2.5+ years later I still have no prequals with PenFed.  Yes I was approved for a $6500 card, then a few months later a $13,500 CLI. Then about a year later, a $10k card.  Then about 8 months later, a PAIR of $9500 CLIs.  Again, no prequals.

THAT didn't go well.

I cold applied Friday night and was approved... for a $500 credit line.  Smiley Sad

....called them on Saturday, spent 45 minutes on the phone and got told that is all they would do for me due to income and amount of unsecured debt.  I should call them back in six months and ask for a CLI.

Hrmph.

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tcbofade wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

From my conversation with the Loan Officer, PenFed will try to move mountains for balance transfers.  You may be pleasantly surprised, even if it does involve a reconsideration to get the line you may want or need.  Not pressuring you into it, and unless the APRs and balances are pretty high on those last 2 I'd likely just chill - but I just looked and every single card but Promise has 0% for 12 months with a 3% fee; Promise has 4.99% with no fee.  There are also unlisted affinity cards that offer different terms; if you think you might be eligible for one of those groups I can try to find the page for you again.

2.5+ years later I still have no prequals with PenFed.  Yes I was approved for a $6500 card, then a few months later a $13,500 CLI. Then about a year later, a $10k card.  Then about 8 months later, a PAIR of $9500 CLIs.  Again, no prequals.

THAT didn't go well.

I cold applied Friday night and was approved... for a $500 credit line.  Smiley Sad

....called them on Saturday, spent 45 minutes on the phone and got told that is all they would do for me due to income and amount of unsecured debt.  I should call them back in six months and ask for a CLI.

Hrmph.

Well at least you got approved for something. And the garden recycle bin continues to churn 😂 

Message 16 of 26
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Mid cycle update.

After being viciously thrown over the garden fence by a certain moderator who shall remain nameless  (mmmmK?), I decided to see what my other options might be.....

As posted above, PenFed DID approve me.... for a $500 CL.  Boo Hiss.

Barclay Ring also approved me... for a $9k CL  (much mo better!)

HSBC Gold Mastercard also approved me... don't know CL yet.

Still waiting for one more answer... applied on the 3rd, haven't heard yet. 

Message 17 of 26
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

Congrats. Barclay Ring is how I got on the BT train. I've since transferred most of the Ring line to the Uber, and am on track to get off the train by year-end.

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8435 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8145 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 18 of 26
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Yay you!  I imagine we'll be on this train for a while, but I'm OK with that.

It's already technically possible for me to pay ZERO percent on credit card debt this year... but part of the goal here is to move as much of our existing debt as possible into my name, not hers so I've left a BT available in her portfolio that I do NOT want to use.

...yet...

Waiting to see what CL is for HSBC and an approval and/or CL from ABOC. 

Message 19 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Dont do Krazy apps mmmKSmiley Wink Moms and Mods are bad mmmK!Smiley Wink
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.