Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not active duty, but eligible for NFCU Free Active Duty checking account

tag
800wannabe420
Regular Contributor

Not active duty, but eligible for NFCU Free Active Duty checking account

Hello myFICO family!

I have had the Free Everyday Checking from NFCU for nearly 5 years.

While speaking to one of NFCU's amazing CSRs today about an unrelated matter, she noticed I have a VA disability direct deposit which qualifies for a Free ACTIVE DUTY checking account (I have not been active duty since the 70's ☺).

This account provides access to your deposit a day earlier, a refund of any out of network ATM fees ($20 a billing period max) and a slightly higher dividend rate.  My account number and debit card remained the same after she made the switch.

I thought perhaps someone else receiving disability benefits might not be aware of their eligibility for this account like myself.

Capture+_2021-08-01-11-20-45.png

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

Re: Not active duty, but eligible for NFCU Free Active Duty checking account

Congratulations! I'm a new member too, very happy so far with Navy.

Message 2 of 5
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Thanks for sharing, @800wannabe420!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 3 of 5
jhb
New Contributor

Wow, I've been with them since 1999, and I've been receiving my disability compensation since 2019. Had no idea I still qualified for the Active Duty account. Will give them a call first thing Monday morning. Much Heart for the info. 

Message 4 of 5
800wannabe420
Regular Contributor

@jhb wrote:

Wow, I've been with them since 1999, and I've been receiving my disability compensation since 2019. Had no idea I still qualified for the Active Duty account. Will give them a call first thing Monday morning. Much Heart for the info. 

You're very welcome!

I thought I might not be the only person that was unaware of this...

Welcome home @jhb !

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.