Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG! Penfed Personal HELOC Offer!

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

OMG! Penfed Personal HELOC Offer!

Omg! OMG!
Penfed just sent me an email with a personal offer.....

We recently mailed you a Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) Check for your immediate use. Don’t miss out on your special fixed rate, good until December 31, 2020!1

AAAGHHHH! Woo hoo !!!!!

Er, wait....😒 i dont own a home😏

Thanks Penfed, you know how to tease the year awaySmiley Wink
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Re: OMG! Penfed Personal Offer!

haha got the same offer.

Message 2 of 33
CivalV
Established Contributor

Penfed HELOC Offer?

Received an email from Penfed letting me know that they sent checks to me via snail mail and that the offer expires December 31st. Is it a legitimate offer? I want to say either I have not received this snail mail or I accidentally tossed it because everything I receive from penfed is just marketing...

Thoughts or experiences anyone? I only have a savings with Penfed.
Message 3 of 33
CivalV
Established Contributor

LMAO SAME HERE 😱😂
Message 4 of 33
outofcredit
Established Contributor

I got the same email.  No check received and I don't own a home either.Smiley Frustrated

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 5 of 33
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Penfed HELOC Offer?

I got the same email; however, I also have a HELOC with them and received the checks in the mail (in early November). The promotion I got was for 3.49% APR until Dec 2020 for the checks used before the 31st. I have used one and it does show as being 3.49%.

If you don't have a HELOC you might have gotten the email by mistake.
Message 6 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm on hold waiting for PenFed right now.  I just got the same email and haven't received any checks.  I'll update with their answer as soon as I speak with someone....

I just have the savings and have had other offers in the past, but nothing with checks being sent.  

Message 7 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just spoke with Janade (spelling?) at PenFed.  He said PenFed has been getting a lot of calls this morning about this specific email.  He said their back office has notified them this email was sent in error and to disregard; no checks were mailed and no offers were sent.

Phew!  All I could think of is someone got ahold of checks in my name and were having a Merry Christmas shopping spress under my name!

Message 8 of 33
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Last month they sent out a email to a bunch of people (including me) about a preapproved credit card when there was no preapproved card offer. A few days later got another email saying that the first one was a mistake
Message 9 of 33
CivalV
Established Contributor

Yes! Exactly. Because I am pretty sure I have not received any checks lol
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.