Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odds of Penfed PLOC approval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Odds of Penfed PLOC approval?

I'm sitting good with cards, about 200K in total credit (only 135k reports on personal report) and the only thing I've wanted to add to the portfolio is a PLOC. My EQ9 is at 760, no inquires in the last 12 months and agg. utilization is very low. I've had their Plat Rewards Card for a couple years, an auto loan for about 19 months and I bit on the personal loan check they sent me a year ago to help a family member. Debt ratio won't be an issue and they have proof of income on file for me when I first applied for the card.   I wonder what my odds are for the PLOC?    

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Odds of Penfed PLOC approval?

Can anybody that has PLOC app experience chime in? :-)

Message 2 of 8
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I'd say that the odds are very good for approval on that given the info you've provided.  Is there a particular reason you'd want a PLOC?  You already have loans reporting so you're getting the credit mix score points (unless it reports as revolving credit), and there are a number of credit cards that would always have convenience checks with significantly lower rates.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had lower credit score than you when I applied and got approved for their 25k PLOC approx 8-10 months ago. Similar 130k-140k in available credit at the time. Did not and still don’t have any other credit products (CC or Auto) with them. Your odds are above average should your income and DTI support it.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They just approved a 10K CLI on my Platinum Rewards Card. Not sure if I'll go for thr PLOC or not. One the fence..

Message 6 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

If you want it or can use it then go for it otherwise if you have cheaper money options than the 14.x apr they will give you i would opt. out and pass.  I have a NFCU CLOC and never have used it in what 3-4 years i have had it and use to have a penfed ploc and never used it and just decided to close it they allowed me to reallocate the cl

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They just approved a 10K CLI on my Platinum Rewards Card. Not sure if I'll go for thr PLOC or not. One the fence..

The only thing you'll get on a fence is a splinter in the arse. 

FYI: burnt HPs taste like chicken.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.