cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online savings acct that allows sub accounts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Online savings acct that allows sub accounts?

I'd suggest you look into Qapital.

Message 11 of 14
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Alliant offers this option on their savings accounts. 

Alliant’s supplemental savings is specifically for saving up for specific goals, you actually name the accounts when you set them up. You can have up to 19 supplemental savings attached to your primary. It’s also got a rather nice 2.1% APY with no maximum balance ceiling. 

Capital One 360 also allows you to open up to 25 savings accounts but it doesn’t look like they function the way they do at Alliant and the 1% APY is much lower than the 2.1% at Alliant. 

Capital One pays their 1% on any balance, Alliant pays 2.1% on $100 or more. 

I didn't realize any banks/cu offered a sub account.   I have a money market that is my savings and in my records I have MM Savings, MM Car, MM Vacation, MM Donations, MM for DD, etc.  With my set up I know what I have set aside for each item, but statment from bank only shows the total so I reconcilition is a pain.  

How does the Alliant account work?  Do you deposit to the main account and then transfer to the sub accounts or can you deposit directly to the sub accounts?   Is it one statment or multiple statements?

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MakingProgress wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Alliant offers this option on their savings accounts. 

Alliant’s supplemental savings is specifically for saving up for specific goals, you actually name the accounts when you set them up. You can have up to 19 supplemental savings attached to your primary. It’s also got a rather nice 2.1% APY with no maximum balance ceiling. 

Capital One 360 also allows you to open up to 25 savings accounts but it doesn’t look like they function the way they do at Alliant and the 1% APY is much lower than the 2.1% at Alliant. 

Capital One pays their 1% on any balance, Alliant pays 2.1% on $100 or more. 

I didn't realize any banks/cu offered a sub account.   I have a money market that is my savings and in my records I have MM Savings, MM Car, MM Vacation, MM Donations, MM for DD, etc.  With my set up I know what I have set aside for each item, but statment from bank only shows the total so I reconcilition is a pain.  

How does the Alliant account work?  Do you deposit to the main account and then transfer to the sub accounts or can you deposit directly to the sub accounts?   Is it one statment or multiple statements?

Honestly you would have to ask them. I don’t have any business with Alliant, I just knew this was one of the things they offered. The way they talk about it on the website though, it sounds like it’s actually split into true sub-accounts which makes sense since Alliant has the same APR rate across their savings accounts as long as they have $100 minimum. 

Message 13 of 14
howellco2
Frequent Contributor

I use Ally I have 5 accounts and a checking and they let me pull and push ACH and usally deposits next day

MAJOR BANK CARDS Amex BC 15k, Amex CM 1500, Amex Delta 1k, BB&T Travel 4500, BBVA 6900, CAP1QS 2600, Discover 3300, Marvel MC 6000, Wells Fargo CR 4500, Blispay 2k
CREDIT UNION CARDS DCU 2k , Robbins 10k, United1st 5k
STORE CARDS Amazon 10k, Home Depot 5k, PayPal 4k, Walmart 6k, Lowes 12k
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.