cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening Chase Checking accounts online -- PO Box address error?

Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase no longer allows Checking accounts to be opened online.

To pizza’s point your address might be flagged as a PO Box in some database, not sure how to fix that but the error is pretty explicit.

        
Message 11 of 17
FinStar

@Morpho wrote:

The error is specific to opening an account using a PO Box as your main address when trying to open an account on line. .

mods should change this thread title. 

@Janus- I revised the subject of the thread for better clarity associated with the address/PO Box instance.

Message 12 of 17
Janus
Senior Contributor

@XtraCredit wrote:
I don't have a P.O. box.
I have a physical address only and still got the error.

Same here. I even called them to find out what the issue was, and that is what the CSR told me. That they no longer allow opening account online, so i was only providing that info. Maybe I should have title the thread differently, but I was merely stating the reason I was given.

Guess it's simply another YMMV with CSR knowledge.

I have until July to redeem teh coupon I porinted, and earn the SUB. So I'll just open one next time I'm in the big City at a physical branch. 

Regardless I'd like to get whatever glitch causin it fixed.

Message 13 of 17
CreditGuyInDixie
Super Contributor

Hi Janus.  As far as fixing the glitch, you could start by pulling your reports at all of the following CRAs:

Experian

TransUnion

Equifax

LexisNexis

Early Warning Services

ChexSystems

Look to see if any of them have a PO Box listed for you as an old or alternate address.  (Especially EWS but check all of them.)  Also when you meet with a Chase rep in the branch, ask if they can pull up any past internal records they have for you see if they have a POB listed on any.

You might also try the driver's license bureaus for all states in which you have a license as well as the Social Security office.

Message 14 of 17
Janus
Senior Contributor

There is an old PO box addy on my CR, but it hasn't been used for going on 20 years. Not sure why that would affect anything, surely they all would have updated by now. Especially when I've opened several accounts since then. 

Thanks for teh info though, I'll have to look into it.

Message 15 of 17
Dinosaur
Moderator Emeritus

CreditGuyInDixie great post with the list of potential credit bureaus and information gathers that could be a problem getting credit and banking products approved!

Message 16 of 17
Janus
Senior Contributor

Update:

So I went into a Chase branch yesterday while in the City and explained the situation, she was very apologetic about my issues and that I had to physically come into a Branch so far away. And also didn't understand why the CSR I called a week ago told me they were no longer allowing accounts to be opened online.  Once she had my info she did in fact see that somehow Chase had a PO Box listed on my account. Though I don't know how it could have happend, as my current address is the same as when I applied for the CSP.

She updated my account and was able to open both Savings and Checking, and even walked me through the app etc. 

Very helpful/understanding Personal Banker, and reinforces the need for physical branches. A topic discussed in another thread. Smiley Wink

I probably will only meet the $200 SUB for Checking, as I am unable at this time to park the $10K in Savings with them for 90 days.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.