Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening a Chase Bank Account Out of State

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opening a Chase Bank Account Out of State

Hey everyone. 

I have found scattered datapoints all from 2012 and prior, but wanted to reach out for some assistance. I live in the DC metro area and will be traveling to New York this weekend and am interested in opening a Chase account purely for the convenience with my credit cards. Has anyone been able to do so coming from an area where there are no Chase branches? 

Thanks again for any help!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Opening a Chase Bank Account Out of State

This link may be helpful:

http://www.hustlermoneyblog.com/what-do-you-need-to-open-a-chase-bank-account/

I'd also just give Chase a call and ask them.  Explain that your primary state of residence is DC but you will be in NYC for a week and wanted to confirm that you would be able to open a Chase account while you were there. 

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there really no Chase branches in DC?  Being the the biggest bank in America, I'm amazed that Chase wouldn't be in such a populated area.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not an issue at all. I drove from NC to WV to open an acct for a huge bonus. No big deal Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 15
Artemis092
Regular Contributor

I opened a checking account while visiting New York from Philly about two months ago. We don't have any Chase branches there. Went to a branch in Manhattan. It was fast and easy. Left the branch with my debit card in hand.

If you build it, they will come.

Amex BCE | Amex ED | BofA Rewards | Citibank DC | CitiBank Best Buy | Discover IT | Chase Amazon Prime | Chase Freedom | Wells Fargo Platinum
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I find it amazing that Chase branches aren't in these large cities and major metro areas. 

The city I live in only has about 30,000 people in it, but we've got a Chase branch and 2 other branches within a 10-15 minute drive.  I guess my perspective is a bit skewed because of this; I naturally assume that larger cities would have proportionately more branches, give or take.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome thank you for the information. I will be attempting to open an account on Friday and will respond even if just to become a datapoint for someone else down the line. 

Message 7 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I find it amazing that Chase branches aren't in these large cities and major metro areas. 

The city I live in only has about 30,000 people in it, but we've got a Chase branch and 2 other branches within a 10-15 minute drive.  I guess my perspective is a bit skewed because of this; I naturally assume that larger cities would have proportionately more branches, give or take.

There are quite a few states (20+) that don't have any Chase branches at all, even in the large cities.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

There are quite a few states (20+) that don't have any Chase branches at all, even in the large cities.

I don't doubt that, I just find it surprising.  You'd think the biggest bank in America would want to exhibit its presence just about everywhere they could.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone. 

I have found scattered datapoints all from 2012 and prior, but wanted to reach out for some assistance. I live in the DC metro area and will be traveling to New York this weekend and am interested in opening a Chase account purely for the convenience with my credit cards. Has anyone been able to do so coming from an area where there are no Chase branches? 

Thanks again for any help!

In the past I have tried to open banking accounts with Chase and they screened me out for not living in their bank marketing area (zip code screener popped up on the computer). Called Chase and inquired and it seems there may be an override by a person. Since there are no Chase Banks for hundreds of miles of me, I dropped the idea of banking with Chase.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.