Did you mean: 

Opening a Chase Bank Account Out of State

tag
Artemis092
Regular Contributor

Re: Opening a Chase Bank Account Out of State

How did you make out OP?

If you build it, they will come.

Amex BCE | Amex ED | BofA Rewards | Citibank DC | CitiBank Best Buy | Discover IT | Chase Amazon Prime | Chase Freedom | Wells Fargo Platinum
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: Was able to open both a checking and savings at a branch in Manhattan with absolutely no issues whatsoever and was actually an incredibly seamless process to my surprise. Left with a permanent debit card as well, not a temporary. 

@Dinosaur, I asked this even before you shared your experience and the banker I sat with said it's a very easy override because she took the same profile they had from my cards with Chase and everything prefills. If you happen to try again, I can share so info if needed. 

And as always, a big thank you again to the community here for always wanting to help. Much appreciated. 

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny this topic came up as I JUST did this today.

I live in Iowa, however I am in Boise, Idaho on business and I wanted to open a Chase account for the $200 bonus and I was able to walk right into a branch with my Iowa drivers license, bonus email coupon code and I walked out 20 minutes later with my account setup, no issues, no questions at all.  Personal banker said you can open an account no matter if there isn't Chase representation in your state as long as you are in a branch.  He said people do it all the time.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Funny this topic came up as I JUST did this today.

I live in Iowa, however I am in Boise, Idaho on business and I wanted to open a Chase account for the $200 bonus and I was able to walk right into a branch with my Iowa drivers license, bonus email coupon code and I walked out 20 minutes later with my account setup, no issues, no questions at all.  Personal banker said you can open an account no matter if there isn't Chase representation in your state as long as you are in a branch.  He said people do it all the time.

These two sentences appear to the "money quote" for the whole thread.  It sounds like there was some mixed experience (rumor, etc.) but Tiger seems to have summarized the central question and answer.  Thanks to all.

Message 14 of 15
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

This thread makes me happy.  I live in a non-Chase state, but travel often to a state where there are many Chase branches.  I have my $300 bonus code and I'm going for it next time I'm near a branch.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.