Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening checking account and 5/24

tag
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Opening checking account and 5/24

Hey guys, just wanted to know I'm thinking about opening a checking account with a credit union but they do a HP, will that count towards 5/24? Thanks!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Opening checking account and 5/24

5/24 for Chase??

That is for accounts opened, not HPs.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 8
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Yeah for chase.
Oh, so the 5/24 goes for account like credit card accounts being opened? Not pertaining to checking accounts?
Message 3 of 8
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@TheBoondocks wrote:
Yeah for chase.
Oh, so the 5/24 goes for account like credit card accounts being opened? Not pertaining to checking accounts?

Correct

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 8
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

HP is at the discretion of the Credit Union. Let us know which one and someone might know or ask the CU.

Message 5 of 8
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

It's safe credit union, they say that they could put in a request to get the hard pull removed but when I chat with them they said they're strictly in the Sacramento area, however on the website it says the following area even in the East Bay. So, I might call them to confirm. Thanks!
Message 6 of 8
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

I'm thinking about getting the BoTW cash rewards card, but I already open up a checking account, if I don't get a HP due to pre-approval so it will be a SP but got the card then there's another line of credit, meaning it will affect 5/24? Thanks.
Message 7 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@TheBoondocks wrote:
I'm thinking about getting the BoTW cash rewards card, but I already open up a checking account, if I don't get a HP due to pre-approval so it will be a SP but got the card then there's another line of credit, meaning it will affect 5/24? Thanks.

Yes, the approval and reporting of the BoTW will count toward 5/24. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.