cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orion Federal Credit Union 8 Transaction Requirements - Do $0.50 Amazon GC Reloads still work?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Orion Federal Credit Union 8 Transaction Requirements - Do $0.50 Amazon GC Reloads still work?

Quick question, please, for anyone who knows! I am trying to decide whether to open a Premium Checking account with Orion Federal Credit Union for the 4% APY on balances Up To $30,000. As of 10/2019, do $0.50 Amazon Balance Reloads still count towards the 8 transactions required to get the higher interest rate and waive the monthly account fee? I understand that the reloads need to be ran as credit (signature-based card transactions) rather than debit, and I know how to change those settings from my Amazon account.

My hesitations are that I have seen some comments (unable to confirm the validity) stating that they 'nipped the $0.50 balance reloads in the bud'. I would really hate to get a hard pull on my credit and transfer $30K into the account, only to receive 0.05% APY and $5 account fee...

Thank you!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Orion Federal Credit Union 8 Transaction Requirements - Do $0.50 Amazon GC Reloads still work?

Don't know but there's so many ways to generate small charges these days I am not sure I'd be skeerd.

4% up to 30K is pretty sweet though I haven't gone looking for a high % savings or checking account as of late.

        
Message 2 of 5
kat8mouse30
Established Member

Re: Orion Federal Credit Union 8 Transaction Requirements - Do $0.50 Amazon GC Reloads still work?

Yes it works.  I just did four .50¢ and up through Amazon, then did four transactions of $1.00 to my cable bill in October.  I haven't found a store that runs this as a signature card (all force as debit).  I plan to try at gas pump too as some say this works.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! And just to clarify, Orion FCU has never withheld the higher APY from you for doing 8 $0.50 - $1.00 transactions?
Message 4 of 5
kat8mouse30
Established Member

Always get the 4% each month -- seems they don't care about the amount of each transaction as long as it is "signature" based.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.