cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Other than DCU any banks that give direct deposit 2 days early?

tag
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

Other than DCU any banks that give direct deposit 2 days early?

I had DCU but included them in my BK with credit products. So they shut me down.

I did enjoy that they did not hold deposits. If someone sent me a transfer it would come through in the middle of the day if it hit the bank. Other banks wait until after midnight. My DD would come in two days early at 5pm EST like clockwork. This was extremley helpful if the 15th was on a Tuesday and I needed that money over the weekend. I would have it on Friday at 5pm.

So that being said are there any other banks or credit unions that will release your DD the second it hits your account two days early?

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Other than DCU any banks that give direct deposit 2 days early?

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

I had DCU but included them in my BK with credit products. So they shut me down.

I did enjoy that they did not hold deposits. If someone sent me a transfer it would come through in the middle of the day if it hit the bank. Other banks wait until after midnight. My DD would come in two days early at 5pm EST like clockwork. This was extremley helpful if the 15th was on a Tuesday and I needed that money over the weekend. I would have it on Friday at 5pm.

So that being said are there any other banks or credit unions that will release your DD the second it hits your account two days early?

Credit Unions with Early Direct Deposit

Message 2 of 19
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

Thanks that helps alot

I like what Langely gives.

Message 3 of 19
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

Thanks that helps alot

I like what Langely gives.

How long ago was your BK discharge? Some banks/credit unions want at least a year after discharge to open an account. Few banks hard pull your credit report to open an account but a number of CUs do. I'm not sure about Langley, but Penfed is a HP to join.

And when DCU closed your banking accounts were the accounts all closed in good standing, no negative balances? If so that would be a negative in your Chex reports which many banks/credit unions pull when opening an account.

Message 4 of 19
SBR249
Established Contributor

I'm curious what you mean that your DD would come through early. As in before your employer even sent the deposit? Or is it just that there is no hold while the bank verifies that the deposit is legit? I get paid monthly and my DD is with Wells Fargo. WF has always processed my deposit the same day that my employer makes it and it's added to the available balance by the end of the day. 

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SBR249 wrote:

I'm curious what you mean that your DD would come through early. As in before your employer even sent the deposit? Or is it just that there is no hold while the bank verifies that the deposit is legit? I get paid monthly and my DD is with Wells Fargo. WF has always processed my deposit the same day that my employer makes it and it's added to the available balance by the end of the day. 

Same here. Also is this only for someone who works salary rather than hourly?

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SBR249 wrote:

The basic way it works is that your employer's payroll system sends an advanced notice of a pending deposit to your bank via ACH a few days before the actual deposit is made.  Some banks and credit unions chose to interpret the advance notice as a guarantee and make the funds available a day or two early.

Message 7 of 19
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SBR249 wrote:

The basic way it works is that your employer's payroll system sends an advanced notice of a pending deposit to your bank via ACH a few days before the actual deposit is made.  Some banks and credit unions chose to interpret the advance notice as a guarantee and make the funds available a day or two early.

Yep. As an example I work for the local county government which uses ADP for payroll. I'm paid every other Friday, I currently have it split between DCU and Wells Fargo, WF just for a new account bonus then it's bye bye. DCU credits my pay Thursday morning, WF doesn't credit their portion of the same payroll until Friday morning. The advance notice of incoming payroll is called a "pre-note", DCU gives you credit when they receive the pre-note, WF makes you wait until they actually have the funds in their hot little hands.

Message 8 of 19
calyx
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

I didn't see it on that list - but Navy (NFCU) claims to give DD a day early, too.    At least, that's what they were telling me when I was opening my account (I don't DD to them, though, so I can't verify)

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 9 of 19
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

I had Navy FCU and DD was given the day of payday. 

They did however tell you that you were expecting a deposit but it wouldnt be released until your payday. 

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.